Jet turn on the afterburners in Shine On, the bombastic follow-up to their 2003 debut, Get Born, surging forward under heavier guitars, louder choruses, and shriekier iterations of the word ”Yeah!” Unfortunately, their latest album lacks the surprisingly good sing-along anthems that made the Aussie garage rockers’ previous effort. Aside from a couple of sweet ballads (”Eleanor” and ”Shiny Magazine”) and the organ-tinged ”Hey Kids,” it’s hard to take a shine to this mostly forgettable album.
Shine On Jet turn on the afterburners in Shine On, the bombastic follow-up to their 2003 debut, Get Born, surging forward under...Shine OnRock Jet turn on the afterburners in Shine On, the bombastic follow-up to their 2003 debut, Get Born, surging forward under...2006-09-29
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Atlantic, WEA
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'OITNB' star Samira Wiley joins Hulu's 'The Handmaid's Tale'
- 'Pokémon Go' chart reveals Pokémon hatch in 2km, 5km, 10km eggs
- See the ultimate Marvel selfie from Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: 'Workaholics' stars DJ'd set at EW's Con-X
- 'Pokémon Go': Dwayne Johnson becomes new 'rock' type, Pokérock
- Michael Fassbender loves James McAvoy 'hard'
- 'Moana': Nicole Scherzinger, Alan Tudyk join voice cast
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'