It’s an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you’ve been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell’s charming protagonists are late-blooming hunk Vince and pretty Goth Joy, who meet as teens on a forced holiday with their respective parents. They fall madly in love, only to be forced apart by a misunderstanding. The pair embark on separate lives, falling in and out of relationships along the way, but what makes their story much more than a cutesy chick-lit tale is Jewell’s realistic, often dark portrayal of modern love. The story in Vince & Joy, populated with well-drawn characters, is ridiculously readable, too.
Vince & Joy It's an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you've been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell's charming protagonists are late...Vince & JoyFictionLisa Jewell It's an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you've been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell's charming protagonists are late...2006-09-29Harper Paperbacks
Genre: Fiction; Author: Lisa Jewell; Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The View' gets new theme song: Mary J. Blige's 'World's Gone Crazy'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan had no idea about cliffhanger
- Nick Offerman previews 'Good Clean Fun' and announces tour
- Diana Gordon makes powerful TV debut on 'Colbert'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead recalls Michael Moore sex scene on 'BrainDead'
- 'Rings' trailer brings Samara back for more scares
- Stephen Colbert helps Rami Malek make his first Instagram post
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...