It’s an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you’ve been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell’s charming protagonists are late-blooming hunk Vince and pretty Goth Joy, who meet as teens on a forced holiday with their respective parents. They fall madly in love, only to be forced apart by a misunderstanding. The pair embark on separate lives, falling in and out of relationships along the way, but what makes their story much more than a cutesy chick-lit tale is Jewell’s realistic, often dark portrayal of modern love. The story in Vince & Joy, populated with well-drawn characters, is ridiculously readable, too.
Vince & Joy It's an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you've been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell's charming protagonists are late...Vince & JoyFictionLisa Jewell It's an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you've been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell's charming protagonists are late...2006-09-29Harper Paperbacks
Genre: Fiction; Author: Lisa Jewell; Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Go behind the scenes of Thomas Rhett and Jordin Sparks' duet
- The anticipation is over as the 'Rocky Horror' cast reunites for EW
- A&E Network to air Sean Bean's 'Frankenstein Chronicles'
- Dubsmash Wars: See the final round of Team 'Carter' vs. Team 'S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- 'The Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on 'Daryl and Carol moment'
- First look at Timothy Spall in and Colm Meany in 'The Journey'
- DJ Jazzy Jeff on possible reunion with Will Smith: 'The time is right on so many different levels'