It’s an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you’ve been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell’s charming protagonists are late-blooming hunk Vince and pretty Goth Joy, who meet as teens on a forced holiday with their respective parents. They fall madly in love, only to be forced apart by a misunderstanding. The pair embark on separate lives, falling in and out of relationships along the way, but what makes their story much more than a cutesy chick-lit tale is Jewell’s realistic, often dark portrayal of modern love. The story in Vince & Joy, populated with well-drawn characters, is ridiculously readable, too.
Vince & Joy It's an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you've been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell's charming protagonists are late...Vince & JoyFictionLisa Jewell It's an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you've been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell's charming protagonists are late...2006-09-29Harper Paperbacks
Genre: Fiction; Author: Lisa Jewell; Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!