It’s an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you’ve been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell’s charming protagonists are late-blooming hunk Vince and pretty Goth Joy, who meet as teens on a forced holiday with their respective parents. They fall madly in love, only to be forced apart by a misunderstanding. The pair embark on separate lives, falling in and out of relationships along the way, but what makes their story much more than a cutesy chick-lit tale is Jewell’s realistic, often dark portrayal of modern love. The story in Vince & Joy, populated with well-drawn characters, is ridiculously readable, too.
Vince & Joy It's an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you've been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell's charming protagonists are late...Vince & JoyFictionLisa Jewell It's an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you've been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell's charming protagonists are late...2006-09-29Harper Paperbacks
Genre: Fiction; Author: Lisa Jewell; Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ryan Lochte's 'Dancing With the Stars' protestors charged
- Solange Knowles to release new album on Friday
- NBC orders full season of 'This Is Us'
- 'Late Late Show': James Corden takes on Usain Bolt in a 100-meter sprint
- 'The Flash': Exclusive first look at Tom Felton
- Amy Schumer is first woman to make Forbes' highest-paid comedians list
- WATCH: Sarah Paulson picks her weirdest 'American Horror Story' role