It’s an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you’ve been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell’s charming protagonists are late-blooming hunk Vince and pretty Goth Joy, who meet as teens on a forced holiday with their respective parents. They fall madly in love, only to be forced apart by a misunderstanding. The pair embark on separate lives, falling in and out of relationships along the way, but what makes their story much more than a cutesy chick-lit tale is Jewell’s realistic, often dark portrayal of modern love. The story in Vince & Joy, populated with well-drawn characters, is ridiculously readable, too.
Vince & Joy It's an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you've been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell's charming protagonists are late...Vince & JoyFictionLisa Jewell It's an intriguing premise: What if your very first love was the one you've been destined for all along? Lisa Jewell's charming protagonists are late...2006-09-29Harper Paperbacks
Genre: Fiction; Author: Lisa Jewell; Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' director reveals early design for Star-Lord's mask