Walter Mosley, bestselling mystery writer and creator of gritty gumshoe Easy Rawlins, has written a dirty, dirty book. ”I’ve been joking around with people, saying, ‘I’d like you to read my sex book,”’ declares Mosley about Killing Johnny Fry (out in January). Only he’s not kidding. This erotic potboiler is teeming with more hardcore scenes — sodomy, orgies, and even a nod to incest — than you could shake a sex toy at. (We stopped counting at about a dozen.) And while the author prefers to call his noir crime story ”a sexistential novel,” there’s no denying that the prurient details might turn off as many fans as they will most assuredly turn on. ”I know that sex throws people off,” admits Mosley. He’s quick to shoot down rumors that he signed up with Bloomsbury books only after longtime publisher Little, Brown blushed at the content, but adds, ”It would be nice if someone banned it…. That would be helpful.”
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!