Still the dapper frontman of the ”My Humps” hip-hoppers, will.i.am has been crafting beats for quite a roster of soloists. He produced 8 of 13 tracks on bandmate Fergie’s record THE DUTCHESS (including the second single, ”Fergalicious”), the first release from his own A&M/Interscope label, will.i.am music group. So there’s a lot riding on it for them both: ”She made a sacrifice holding off on her dream of a solo project [to be in the Black Eyed Peas],” says will, 31. His energetic beats also grace the ’60s soul track ”Damn Girl” on Justin Timberlake’s FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS, three songs on Kelis’ KELIS WAS HERE, and chunks of upcoming releases from Nas, John Legend, Macy Gray, and Diddy. The prolific L.A. native even scored Hilary Swank’s 2007 film FREEDOM WRITERS while on tour with the Peas (their next album comes out in late 2007). Now, he’s narrowing down both the 400-plus songs (!) he’s recorded for his solo CD (due this December) and his expanding waistline. But he’s got a plan for the latter: ”I’m going to get my [recording] equipment put on the treadmill.”
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Daily Show' producers on Jon Stewart's last show: 'Donald Trump is not coming on'
- Drew Pearce offers update on future 'Ghostbusters' project
- A quick guide to the different versions of 'Holiday Road' in 'Vacation'
- Amazon signs 'Top Gear' trio for new show
- Amy Sedaris lends Jimmy Fallon a helping hand while his finger heals
- #NewHarryPotterBooks we'd actually want to read
- 'Astronaut Wives Club' creator says Space Race will take a 'darker turn'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!