Still the dapper frontman of the ”My Humps” hip-hoppers, will.i.am has been crafting beats for quite a roster of soloists. He produced 8 of 13 tracks on bandmate Fergie’s record THE DUTCHESS (including the second single, ”Fergalicious”), the first release from his own A&M/Interscope label, will.i.am music group. So there’s a lot riding on it for them both: ”She made a sacrifice holding off on her dream of a solo project [to be in the Black Eyed Peas],” says will, 31. His energetic beats also grace the ’60s soul track ”Damn Girl” on Justin Timberlake’s FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS, three songs on Kelis’ KELIS WAS HERE, and chunks of upcoming releases from Nas, John Legend, Macy Gray, and Diddy. The prolific L.A. native even scored Hilary Swank’s 2007 film FREEDOM WRITERS while on tour with the Peas (their next album comes out in late 2007). Now, he’s narrowing down both the 400-plus songs (!) he’s recorded for his solo CD (due this December) and his expanding waistline. But he’s got a plan for the latter: ”I’m going to get my [recording] equipment put on the treadmill.”
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!