Still the dapper frontman of the ”My Humps” hip-hoppers, will.i.am has been crafting beats for quite a roster of soloists. He produced 8 of 13 tracks on bandmate Fergie’s record THE DUTCHESS (including the second single, ”Fergalicious”), the first release from his own A&M/Interscope label, will.i.am music group. So there’s a lot riding on it for them both: ”She made a sacrifice holding off on her dream of a solo project [to be in the Black Eyed Peas],” says will, 31. His energetic beats also grace the ’60s soul track ”Damn Girl” on Justin Timberlake’s FUTURESEX/LOVESOUNDS, three songs on Kelis’ KELIS WAS HERE, and chunks of upcoming releases from Nas, John Legend, Macy Gray, and Diddy. The prolific L.A. native even scored Hilary Swank’s 2007 film FREEDOM WRITERS while on tour with the Peas (their next album comes out in late 2007). Now, he’s narrowing down both the 400-plus songs (!) he’s recorded for his solo CD (due this December) and his expanding waistline. But he’s got a plan for the latter: ”I’m going to get my [recording] equipment put on the treadmill.”
Posted September 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!