Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker is Agent Cody Banks played British and kinda straight — that is, as straight as you can when your villain, who dispatches foes with a giant jellyfish, is played by a toothpick-chomping Mickey Rourke in purple eye shadow. Alex (Alex Pettyfer) is the trilingual 14-year-old MI6 recruit who thwarts him on a rote mission that isn’t even goosed by its peculiar cavalcade of guest stars — including Alicia Silverstone as a nanny named Jack.
(Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker: Liam Daniel)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Ewan McGregor, Alex Pettyfer, Bill Nighy, Sophie Okonedo, Mickey Rourke, Alicia Silverstone; Director: Geoffrey Sax; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted October 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jessica Hopper on 'planting a flag' with her new collection of rock criticism
- Amy Schumer, Bill Hader helped Pete Davidson land 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'San Andreas': What did the critics say?
- Bill Cosby bid to nix lawsuit rejected
- Doors' post-Morrison album reissues
- Watch Ed Sheeran's GMA performance right now
- Ryan Reynolds thanks fans for support as 'Deadpool' production wraps
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!