Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker is Agent Cody Banks played British and kinda straight — that is, as straight as you can when your villain, who dispatches foes with a giant jellyfish, is played by a toothpick-chomping Mickey Rourke in purple eye shadow. Alex (Alex Pettyfer) is the trilingual 14-year-old MI6 recruit who thwarts him on a rote mission that isn’t even goosed by its peculiar cavalcade of guest stars — including Alicia Silverstone as a nanny named Jack.
(Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker: Liam Daniel)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Ewan McGregor, Alex Pettyfer, Bill Nighy, Sophie Okonedo, Mickey Rourke, Alicia Silverstone; Director: Geoffrey Sax; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted October 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover