Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker is Agent Cody Banks played British and kinda straight — that is, as straight as you can when your villain, who dispatches foes with a giant jellyfish, is played by a toothpick-chomping Mickey Rourke in purple eye shadow. Alex (Alex Pettyfer) is the trilingual 14-year-old MI6 recruit who thwarts him on a rote mission that isn’t even goosed by its peculiar cavalcade of guest stars — including Alicia Silverstone as a nanny named Jack.
(Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker: Liam Daniel)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Ewan McGregor, Alex Pettyfer, Bill Nighy, Sophie Okonedo, Mickey Rourke, Alicia Silverstone; Director: Geoffrey Sax; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted October 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt