You can lack acting chops and get by on attitude. Johnny Knoxville does it, but Dane Cook, as a lowly box boy at a superstore, stirs up trouble with genial indifference. He’s a rebel of passivity. There’s a crumb of an idea to setting a movie at a mega-mart that makes the Office Space cubicles look like executive suites, but the results in Employee of the Month are toothless. As a villainous cashier, Dax Shepard mugs with such vitality that it’s hard not to root for him. Memo to Jessica Simpson: You look peachy, but stop beaming about it.
(Employee of the Month: John Johnson)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Dane Cook, Dax Shepard, Jessica Simpson, Andy Dick, Efren Ramirez; Director: Greg Coolidge; Author: Don Calame, Chris Conroy, Greg Coolidge; Release Date Wide: 10/06/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- Katy Perry's Left Shark returns for Shark Week
- Joni Mitchell's attorney recomments permanent conservator
- Amanda Peterson's mom reflects
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!