You can lack acting chops and get by on attitude. Johnny Knoxville does it, but Dane Cook, as a lowly box boy at a superstore, stirs up trouble with genial indifference. He’s a rebel of passivity. There’s a crumb of an idea to setting a movie at a mega-mart that makes the Office Space cubicles look like executive suites, but the results in Employee of the Month are toothless. As a villainous cashier, Dax Shepard mugs with such vitality that it’s hard not to root for him. Memo to Jessica Simpson: You look peachy, but stop beaming about it.
(Employee of the Month: John Johnson)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Dane Cook, Dax Shepard, Jessica Simpson, Andy Dick, Efren Ramirez; Director: Greg Coolidge; Author: Don Calame, Chris Conroy, Greg Coolidge; Release Date Wide: 10/06/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?
- Trump launches surreal nightly newscast