You can lack acting chops and get by on attitude. Johnny Knoxville does it, but Dane Cook, as a lowly box boy at a superstore, stirs up trouble with genial indifference. He’s a rebel of passivity. There’s a crumb of an idea to setting a movie at a mega-mart that makes the Office Space cubicles look like executive suites, but the results in Employee of the Month are toothless. As a villainous cashier, Dax Shepard mugs with such vitality that it’s hard not to root for him. Memo to Jessica Simpson: You look peachy, but stop beaming about it.
(Employee of the Month: John Johnson)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Dane Cook, Dax Shepard, Jessica Simpson, Andy Dick, Efren Ramirez; Director: Greg Coolidge; Author: Don Calame, Chris Conroy, Greg Coolidge; Release Date Wide: 10/06/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted October 11 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'A Monster Calls' release set for awards season
- Sturgill Simpson slams Academy of Country Music over Merle Haggard Award
- 'The Fosters': EP gives hope for season 4B after that intense finale
- Natalie Portman has a good reason for not showing her son 'Star Wars'
- John Lennon's killer was denied parole for the ninth time
- Derek Hough confirms 'Dancing With the Stars' return
- Margaret Qualley dances, shoots lasers in Spike Jonze's perfume ad