What’s a bad sequel but a revenant soul doomed to repeat itself? The Grudge 2 broadens the reach of the Japanese curse that put Sarah Michelle Gellar’s doe-eyed gaijin in the hospital, but the scares are the same: the hair, the tub, the yowling cat-boy, etc. Once again, we’re treated to loosely aligned scenes of half-formed characters (including Amber Tamblyn as Gellar’s brittle sister, so slight the movie nearly forgets she’s there) getting a faceful of director Takashi Shimizu’s croaking, implacable, and, yes, still scary housewife-geist.
(Grudge 2: David Appleby)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Amber Tamblyn, Jennifer Beals; Director: Takashi Shimizu; Author: Stephen Susco; Release Date Wide: 10/13/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted October 18 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Guilt' canceled by Freeform after one season
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will DeLuca and Maggie ever reunite?
- Watch Lady Gaga dedicate emotional Dive Bar Tour set to her father
- Trump booed at charity dinner while cracking Clinton jokes
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' reveals Michaela's mom
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss, Liza Weil on that shocking hookup
- Carol Burnett to star in Amy Poehler-produced ABC comedy pilot