What’s a bad sequel but a revenant soul doomed to repeat itself? The Grudge 2 broadens the reach of the Japanese curse that put Sarah Michelle Gellar’s doe-eyed gaijin in the hospital, but the scares are the same: the hair, the tub, the yowling cat-boy, etc. Once again, we’re treated to loosely aligned scenes of half-formed characters (including Amber Tamblyn as Gellar’s brittle sister, so slight the movie nearly forgets she’s there) getting a faceful of director Takashi Shimizu’s croaking, implacable, and, yes, still scary housewife-geist.
(Grudge 2: David Appleby)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Amber Tamblyn, Jennifer Beals; Director: Takashi Shimizu; Author: Stephen Susco; Release Date Wide: 10/13/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted October 18 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Rebel Wilson & Jimmy Fallon sing about the perks of single life
- See Rebel Wilson play Chubby Bunny with Jimmy Fallon
- 'PPZ': Matt Smith reveals Mr. Collins’ secret crush on Mr. Darcy
- Steven Yeun on why Glenn has yet to kill another human on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel