Remember Jeff Speakman, the poor man’s Steven Seagal who starred in 1991’s The Perfect Weapon? One big movie and that was it for him. You have to worry for John Cena after you see his first vehicle, The Marine, a delectably bad ’80s-style actioner featuring the WWE star as an Iraq vet adept at avoiding bullet sprays and diving into water to avoid fireballs, which both prove repeatedly helpful when lame-o diamond thieves kidnap his wife. ”I hate cops — and rock candy,” says one. All sorts of laughs here.
(Marine: Vince Valitutti)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: John Cena, Kelly Carlson, Robert Patrick; Director: John Bonito; Author: Michelle Gallagher, Alan McElroy; Release Date Wide: 10/13/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted October 18 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy