Remember Jeff Speakman, the poor man’s Steven Seagal who starred in 1991’s The Perfect Weapon? One big movie and that was it for him. You have to worry for John Cena after you see his first vehicle, The Marine, a delectably bad ’80s-style actioner featuring the WWE star as an Iraq vet adept at avoiding bullet sprays and diving into water to avoid fireballs, which both prove repeatedly helpful when lame-o diamond thieves kidnap his wife. ”I hate cops — and rock candy,” says one. All sorts of laughs here.
(Marine: Vince Valitutti)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: John Cena, Kelly Carlson, Robert Patrick; Director: John Bonito; Author: Michelle Gallagher, Alan McElroy; Release Date Wide: 10/13/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Showtime renews 'House of Lies' for fifth season
- Linda Lavin to return to Broadway in 'Our Mother's Brief Affair'
- Fox's 'Weird Loners' aren't quite weird or lonely enough
- A few theories on who Caity Lotz will play on the 'Arrow'-'Flash' spinoff
- Beastie Boys' Adam Horovitz gives relationship advice in 'Ask a Grown Man'
- 'Ellen,' 'GH' lead Daytime Emmy noms
- Horror director Adam Green on his new web series, 'Scary Sleepover'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!