Remember Jeff Speakman, the poor man’s Steven Seagal who starred in 1991’s The Perfect Weapon? One big movie and that was it for him. You have to worry for John Cena after you see his first vehicle, The Marine, a delectably bad ’80s-style actioner featuring the WWE star as an Iraq vet adept at avoiding bullet sprays and diving into water to avoid fireballs, which both prove repeatedly helpful when lame-o diamond thieves kidnap his wife. ”I hate cops — and rock candy,” says one. All sorts of laughs here.
(Marine: Vince Valitutti)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: John Cena, Kelly Carlson, Robert Patrick; Director: John Bonito; Author: Michelle Gallagher, Alan McElroy; Release Date Wide: 10/13/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted October 18 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- From People: Texas man commemorates DressGate with tattoo of 'The Dress'
- Terrence Howard explains his odd moment onstage at the Oscars
- 'Power/Rangers' short film creator releases bootleg James Bond film
- Katy Perry selling Left Shark onesies
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW