Remember Jeff Speakman, the poor man’s Steven Seagal who starred in 1991’s The Perfect Weapon? One big movie and that was it for him. You have to worry for John Cena after you see his first vehicle, The Marine, a delectably bad ’80s-style actioner featuring the WWE star as an Iraq vet adept at avoiding bullet sprays and diving into water to avoid fireballs, which both prove repeatedly helpful when lame-o diamond thieves kidnap his wife. ”I hate cops — and rock candy,” says one. All sorts of laughs here.
(Marine: Vince Valitutti)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: John Cena, Kelly Carlson, Robert Patrick; Director: John Bonito; Author: Michelle Gallagher, Alan McElroy; Release Date Wide: 10/13/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted October 18 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Marvel's 'Team Thor' Video Shows What He Was Up To During 'Civil War'
- Simone Biles wants to meet Kim Kardashian at the VMAs
- Idris Elba teases 'big chance' for more 'Luther'
- Charles Osgood retiring as anchor of CBS’ 'Sunday Morning'
- 'Spider-Man' star Tom Holland sends Chris Hemsworth a stunt challenge
- Kate Mara says she'd return for a 'Fantastic Four' sequel
- Aaron Paul's wife sent him the sweetest birthday message