Remember Jeff Speakman, the poor man’s Steven Seagal who starred in 1991’s The Perfect Weapon? One big movie and that was it for him. You have to worry for John Cena after you see his first vehicle, The Marine, a delectably bad ’80s-style actioner featuring the WWE star as an Iraq vet adept at avoiding bullet sprays and diving into water to avoid fireballs, which both prove repeatedly helpful when lame-o diamond thieves kidnap his wife. ”I hate cops — and rock candy,” says one. All sorts of laughs here.
(Marine: Vince Valitutti)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: John Cena, Kelly Carlson, Robert Patrick; Director: John Bonito; Author: Michelle Gallagher, Alan McElroy; Release Date Wide: 10/13/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted October 18 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shopping for a 1920s Parisian bedroom like the one in 'The Danish Girl'? Check eBay.
- 'Supergirl': Mehcad Brooks talks stepping out of a superhero's shadow
- Twisted Sister's Dee Snider gives Donald Trump permission to use 'We're Not Gonna Take It'
- Jeremy Clarkson introduces us to a world filled with Amazon drones
- 'Top Gear' sets May return date
- Kylie Jenner: Caitlyn is the ‘exact same person’ as before
- See Kanye West audition for 'American Idol' in final season teaser