A trip through the horror aisle of your DVD store or Netflix library can be pretty scary. For every legitimately spine-tingling title, there are probably ten that rightfully should be filed under ho-hum. But like the zombies in the Living Dead movies, the DVDs just keep coming, especially as Oct. 31 draws near. EW’s critics grabbed their torches and shed light on 10 recent releases from the darkside, ranked here in order from the yawners declared dead on arrival to a couple of classics that’ll scare the life out of you — and make you smile about it later.
Posted October 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A 'Lion King' animator drew a perfect tribute to Cecil the lion
- Why the best Goldbergs episode is one you'll never see
- Bones, Sleepy Hollow crossover date revealed
- Disney chief on 'Star Wars' box office: Don’t get cocky
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on why Team Street is 'squad dreams supreme'
- Darren Criss in talks for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Chris Hyndman, CBC talk show host, dies at 49