A trip through the horror aisle of your DVD store or Netflix library can be pretty scary. For every legitimately spine-tingling title, there are probably ten that rightfully should be filed under ho-hum. But like the zombies in the Living Dead movies, the DVDs just keep coming, especially as Oct. 31 draws near. EW’s critics grabbed their torches and shed light on 10 recent releases from the darkside, ranked here in order from the yawners declared dead on arrival to a couple of classics that’ll scare the life out of you — and make you smile about it later.
Posted October 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What's Playing on Broadway and Beyond
- Normal's affordable, custom-fit earphones are disrupting the headphone game
- Empire creator Lee Daniels addresses Mo'Nique's 'blackballed' comments
- 'Modern Family:' Read Alex's full college essay
- 'Mad Max' collector's edition Blu-ray: Exclusive release details
- Creators Robert and Michelle King talk 'The Good Wife' return
- Missy Elliott and Pharrell are in the studio together
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!