A trip through the horror aisle of your DVD store or Netflix library can be pretty scary. For every legitimately spine-tingling title, there are probably ten that rightfully should be filed under ho-hum. But like the zombies in the Living Dead movies, the DVDs just keep coming, especially as Oct. 31 draws near. EW’s critics grabbed their torches and shed light on 10 recent releases from the darkside, ranked here in order from the yawners declared dead on arrival to a couple of classics that’ll scare the life out of you — and make you smile about it later.
Posted October 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters