A trip through the horror aisle of your DVD store or Netflix library can be pretty scary. For every legitimately spine-tingling title, there are probably ten that rightfully should be filed under ho-hum. But like the zombies in the Living Dead movies, the DVDs just keep coming, especially as Oct. 31 draws near. EW’s critics grabbed their torches and shed light on 10 recent releases from the darkside, ranked here in order from the yawners declared dead on arrival to a couple of classics that’ll scare the life out of you — and make you smile about it later.
Posted October 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages