This 15-year-old reality-show discovery (America’s Most Talented Kid) — turned — platinum artist — turned — actress (RV) isn’t just another lightweight pop clone. She’s a vocal phenom, capable of Mariah Carey-style upper-register flourishes. And except for one ballistic Swizz Beatz track, her second CD is full of flirty grooves and the best songwriting a major-label budget can buy (hit single ”Too Little Too Late”). Like Britney and Xtina, a few tunes hint at precocious sexuality (”The Way You Do Me”), but The High Road is surprisingly elegant and understated.
The High Road This 15-year-old reality-show discovery (America's Most Talented Kid) — turned — platinum artist — turned — actress (...The High RoadPop This 15-year-old reality-show discovery (America's Most Talented Kid) — turned — platinum artist — turned — actress (...2006-10-20
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: JoJo; Producer (group): Blackground
Posted October 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bruce Springsteen stops ‘Jersey Girl’ performance for a marriage proposal
- Rihanna teases VMAs performance with abstract art video
- Here's how they make those movie sex scenes so sexy
- Robert Gant talks romancing Debbie Gibson in 'Summer of Dreams'
- 'Southside With You' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard