This 15-year-old reality-show discovery (America’s Most Talented Kid) — turned — platinum artist — turned — actress (RV) isn’t just another lightweight pop clone. She’s a vocal phenom, capable of Mariah Carey-style upper-register flourishes. And except for one ballistic Swizz Beatz track, her second CD is full of flirty grooves and the best songwriting a major-label budget can buy (hit single ”Too Little Too Late”). Like Britney and Xtina, a few tunes hint at precocious sexuality (”The Way You Do Me”), but The High Road is surprisingly elegant and understated.
The High Road This 15-year-old reality-show discovery (America's Most Talented Kid) — turned — platinum artist — turned — actress (...The High RoadPop This 15-year-old reality-show discovery (America's Most Talented Kid) — turned — platinum artist — turned — actress (...2006-10-20
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: JoJo; Producer (group): Blackground
Posted October 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Watch: Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans wanted for allegedly attacking ex-fiance
- Kanye West tapped as a headliner for Atlanta's Birthday Bash 20