This 15-year-old reality-show discovery (America’s Most Talented Kid) — turned — platinum artist — turned — actress (RV) isn’t just another lightweight pop clone. She’s a vocal phenom, capable of Mariah Carey-style upper-register flourishes. And except for one ballistic Swizz Beatz track, her second CD is full of flirty grooves and the best songwriting a major-label budget can buy (hit single ”Too Little Too Late”). Like Britney and Xtina, a few tunes hint at precocious sexuality (”The Way You Do Me”), but The High Road is surprisingly elegant and understated.
The High Road This 15-year-old reality-show discovery (America's Most Talented Kid) — turned — platinum artist — turned — actress (...The High RoadPop This 15-year-old reality-show discovery (America's Most Talented Kid) — turned — platinum artist — turned — actress (...2006-10-20
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: JoJo; Producer (group): Blackground
Posted October 20 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade