This just in from the Department of Refreshingly Honest Celebrities: Daniel Radcliffe may be the face of one of the most profitable and beloved movie franchises of our time, but (hallelujah!) it doesn’t seem to have turned the artist frequently known as Harry Potter into a frightening Celebumonster. Here’s what he tells Newsweek magazine about his earliest film roles: “I would like to look back at them in 10 or 20 years and possibly cringe a little bit. I wasn’t an actor when I was 11, really. I was just a kid having the time of his life.” Sweet, right? Let’s just hope Radcliffe’s humility (nor his amusing self-deprecation; see his forthcoming cameo on Extras) isn’t part of an ingenious PR campaign to disarm the moviegoing public before announcing his eight-figure film deal with a major studio and clothing line joint-venture with Baby Phat’s Kimora Lee Simmons.
Posted October 23 2006 — 3:12 PM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday