This just in from the Department of Refreshingly Honest Celebrities: Daniel Radcliffe may be the face of one of the most profitable and beloved movie franchises of our time, but (hallelujah!) it doesn’t seem to have turned the artist frequently known as Harry Potter into a frightening Celebumonster. Here’s what he tells Newsweek magazine about his earliest film roles: “I would like to look back at them in 10 or 20 years and possibly cringe a little bit. I wasn’t an actor when I was 11, really. I was just a kid having the time of his life.” Sweet, right? Let’s just hope Radcliffe’s humility (nor his amusing self-deprecation; see his forthcoming cameo on Extras) isn’t part of an ingenious PR campaign to disarm the moviegoing public before announcing his eight-figure film deal with a major studio and clothing line joint-venture with Baby Phat’s Kimora Lee Simmons.
Posted October 23 2006 — 3:12 PM EDT
- Read your way through New Orleans
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Extreme Fan Club with Chris Pratt -- exclusive video
- EW's definitive ranking of the top 10 'Pac-Man' ghosts
- Funeral for slain New York rapper will be held next week
- What to binge-watch: Memorial Day marathon edition
- Pac-Man turns 35: Looking back on three-plus decades of video games, pop culture, and cereal
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!