I’ve got to be completely honest: I can’t really criticize any song that contains an interpolation of JJ Fad’s “Supersonic,” one of the most addictively underrated pop-rap tracks of my youth. And so it is that “Fergalicious,” the second single from Fergie’s solo debut, The Dutchess, gets the Slezak stamp of approval. Is it lyrically brilliant? With declarations like, “All the time I turn around, brothers gather ‘round/Always lookin’ at me up and down, lookin at my uhhh,” I have to admit it’s not. Are there tracks on The Dutchess that better showcase Fergie’s pipes? Most certainly – and here’s hoping “Clumsy” eventually gets its due at radio. But does “Fergalicious” make me want to forget the fact that I’m O to the L to the D, and head to the nearest club to shake my groove thing? Absofergalutely, PopWatchers! Now whether or not the upcoming video for “Fergalicious,” featuring a bathing-suit-clad Fergie wrestling with two other chicks in some sort of pastry batter, propels the song to “London Bridge” ubiquity, or earns her the unfortunate nickname of “Chocolate-Covered Pea,” well, I leave that up to you. You can get a sneak-peek at the clip right now at AOL Music. Yes, Fergie-Ferg pops out of a cake. Don’t say you weren’t warned.
Posted October 23 2006 — 10:00 AM EDT
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on that killer finale and what's next
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!