Thanks to my best friend, DVR, I don’t watch too many ads these days. Except for the Mucinex phlegm dude – lurve him! But lately, every time I’m watching something in real time, I’m faced with the hideous new “7 Days in a Sentra” campaign from the sadistic people at Nissan. (Click here if you haven’t seen it.) Who the hell is this Marc Horowitz? Why would he spend seven days in his Sentra? Why would we want to see him spend seven days in his Sentra? And more importantly, why would seeing him spend seven days in his Sentra make me want to buy said brand of motor vehicle? I don’t like the way he carves a face into a piece of toast. I don’t like to think about his Sentra-based hygiene. I don’t like the way he dances. I don’t like his ass-face. I want this campaign to end and for Sentra’s marketing team to return to the kind of “zero percent financing,” “miles per gallon,” “limited warranty,” “independent suspension,” “front-wheel drive,” “generic images of car on a winding, tree-lined road” ad campaign I’ve come to expect. I’d even accept the cruel taunts of “zoom-zoom” (a tagline that always makes me shudder). Just no more Marc Horowitz. Even his friends think this is stupid. Now tell me you don’t like him and his “7 Days in a Sentra” campaign either.
Posted October 25 2006 — 10:00 AM EDT
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!