”How do I get a PG rating,” Texas Chainsaw Massacre director Tobe Hooper once asked the MPAA, ”and hang someone on a meat hook?” His ”Gone With the Wind of meat movies” — about five friends terrorized by a chain-saw-wielding cannibal — gets the epic treatment on this EXTRAS-laden double-disc set. Two docs cover the production from choosing roadkill (art director Robert Burns on the lily-livered crew’s refusal to shoot a decaying horse found near the set: ”God had given them the most wonderful gift…covered with flies”) to battling shady investors (the Mafia).
(The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Everett Collection)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Marilyn Burns, Allen Danziger; Director: Tobe Hooper; MPAA Rating: R
Posted October 25 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!