Honorable but plodding. Clint Eastwood salutes the famous photograph of U.S. servicemen raising the flag on Iwo Jima. In paying homage to these ”heroes,” Eastwood wants to show us that World War II was darker than any legendary photo. But he’s demythologizing what no longer needs to be demythologized.
Genre: Drama, War; Starring: Adam Beach, Jesse Bradford, Joseph Cross, Barry Pepper, Ryan Phillippe, Benjamin Walker, Paul Walker, Ken Watanabe; Director: Clint Eastwood; Author: William Broyles Jr., Paul Haggis; Release Date Wide: 10/20/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 132; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: Jacques Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins the Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!