Louise Wener, a former U.K. pop star, explores the family ties that bind (and sometimes gag). The narrator of The Half Life of Stars is wayward divorcée Claire, whose successful, responsible older brother Daniel goes missing. She leaves gray, gray London for sun-soaked Miami, following the trail of a man whose emotional state she struggles to understand, while also grappling with her mother, sister, and suddenly not-so-ex ex-husband. A handful of plot inconsistencies and sour narrative notes besmirch Wener’s finely honed descriptions of love, loss, and the tricks of memory, but the melody of her words still resonates.
The Half Life of Stars Louise Wener, a former U.K. pop star, explores the family ties that bind (and sometimes gag). The narrator of The Half Life of Stars...The Half Life of StarsFictionLouise Wener Louise Wener, a former U.K. pop star, explores the family ties that bind (and sometimes gag). The narrator of The Half Life of Stars...2006-10-27Harper Paperbacks
Genre: Fiction; Author: Louise Wener; Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!