Louise Wener, a former U.K. pop star, explores the family ties that bind (and sometimes gag). The narrator of The Half Life of Stars is wayward divorcée Claire, whose successful, responsible older brother Daniel goes missing. She leaves gray, gray London for sun-soaked Miami, following the trail of a man whose emotional state she struggles to understand, while also grappling with her mother, sister, and suddenly not-so-ex ex-husband. A handful of plot inconsistencies and sour narrative notes besmirch Wener’s finely honed descriptions of love, loss, and the tricks of memory, but the melody of her words still resonates.
The Half Life of Stars Louise Wener, a former U.K. pop star, explores the family ties that bind (and sometimes gag). The narrator of The Half Life of Stars...The Half Life of StarsFictionLouise Wener Louise Wener, a former U.K. pop star, explores the family ties that bind (and sometimes gag). The narrator of The Half Life of Stars...2006-10-27Harper Paperbacks
Genre: Fiction; Author: Louise Wener; Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!