I’ll confess I’ve never been smitten by Big Stone Gap’s folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I’m downright annoyed by it, especially since the various plots congeal worse than Jell-O salad on a hot day: Why does Ave’s hubby put another woman’s name on his deathbed to-do list? What’s town librarian Iva Lou hiding? Who’s the mysterious young man who keeps appearing in Cracker’s Neck Holler? Adriana Trigiani lards the book with pseudo-down-home wisdom: ”[Men’s] egos are like delicate eggshells, and yet physically, they have the brute strength of a bear.” Reading Home to Big Stone Gap is like eating a butterscotch pie in one sitting.
Home to Big Stone Gap I'll confess I've never been smitten by Big Stone Gap's folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I'm downright annoyed by it, especially since the various...Home to Big Stone GapFictionAdriana Trigiani I'll confess I've never been smitten by Big Stone Gap's folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I'm downright annoyed by it, especially since the various...2006-10-27Random House
Genre: Fiction; Author: Adriana Trigiani; Publisher: Random House
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- What if Zack Snyder directed classic literature adaptations?
- Jim Gaffigan, Olivia Thirlby join political thriller 'Chappaquiddick'
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- Teyana Taylor, star of Kanye West's 'Fade' video, cast in VH1's 'The Breaks'
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall