I’ll confess I’ve never been smitten by Big Stone Gap’s folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I’m downright annoyed by it, especially since the various plots congeal worse than Jell-O salad on a hot day: Why does Ave’s hubby put another woman’s name on his deathbed to-do list? What’s town librarian Iva Lou hiding? Who’s the mysterious young man who keeps appearing in Cracker’s Neck Holler? Adriana Trigiani lards the book with pseudo-down-home wisdom: ”[Men’s] egos are like delicate eggshells, and yet physically, they have the brute strength of a bear.” Reading Home to Big Stone Gap is like eating a butterscotch pie in one sitting.
Home to Big Stone Gap I'll confess I've never been smitten by Big Stone Gap's folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I'm downright annoyed by it, especially since the various...Home to Big Stone GapFictionAdriana Trigiani I'll confess I've never been smitten by Big Stone Gap's folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I'm downright annoyed by it, especially since the various...2006-10-27Random House
Genre: Fiction; Author: Adriana Trigiani; Publisher: Random House
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!