I’ll confess I’ve never been smitten by Big Stone Gap’s folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I’m downright annoyed by it, especially since the various plots congeal worse than Jell-O salad on a hot day: Why does Ave’s hubby put another woman’s name on his deathbed to-do list? What’s town librarian Iva Lou hiding? Who’s the mysterious young man who keeps appearing in Cracker’s Neck Holler? Adriana Trigiani lards the book with pseudo-down-home wisdom: ”[Men’s] egos are like delicate eggshells, and yet physically, they have the brute strength of a bear.” Reading Home to Big Stone Gap is like eating a butterscotch pie in one sitting.
Home to Big Stone Gap I'll confess I've never been smitten by Big Stone Gap's folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I'm downright annoyed by it, especially since the various...Home to Big Stone GapFictionAdriana Trigiani I'll confess I've never been smitten by Big Stone Gap's folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I'm downright annoyed by it, especially since the various...2006-10-27Random House
Genre: Fiction; Author: Adriana Trigiani; Publisher: Random House
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!