I’ll confess I’ve never been smitten by Big Stone Gap’s folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I’m downright annoyed by it, especially since the various plots congeal worse than Jell-O salad on a hot day: Why does Ave’s hubby put another woman’s name on his deathbed to-do list? What’s town librarian Iva Lou hiding? Who’s the mysterious young man who keeps appearing in Cracker’s Neck Holler? Adriana Trigiani lards the book with pseudo-down-home wisdom: ”[Men’s] egos are like delicate eggshells, and yet physically, they have the brute strength of a bear.” Reading Home to Big Stone Gap is like eating a butterscotch pie in one sitting.
Home to Big Stone Gap I'll confess I've never been smitten by Big Stone Gap's folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I'm downright annoyed by it, especially since the various...Home to Big Stone GapFictionAdriana Trigiani I'll confess I've never been smitten by Big Stone Gap's folksy Blue Ridge charm. This time, I'm downright annoyed by it, especially since the various...2006-10-27Random House
Genre: Fiction; Author: Adriana Trigiani; Publisher: Random House
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Blacklist,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'The Flash' and more
- How well do you know The Weeknd's lyrics?
- How Tituss Burgess nearly missed his '30 Rock' audition
- Atlas Genius booked their fantasy festival and made us a playlist for it
- Four reasons 'Straight Outta Compton' made N.W.A the Boyz of summer
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- Miley Cyrus: Donald Trump 'loved' twerking performance at 2013 VMAs
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!