By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ”Turkey in the Straw” (a.k.a. children’s tune ”Do Your Ears Hang Low?”), 15-year-old Jibbs has crafted an instantly recognizable top 10 hit — without paying sampling fees. As it so often goes, ”Chain Hang Low” is the most memorable moment of his competent debut, Jibbs Feat. Jibbs. The St. Louis teen is an impressive, confident rapper, but he spends most of the disc trying out too many different styles — from slow-rolling Houston grooves to Nelly-style pop-rap — instead of defining a sound of his own.
Jibbs Feat. Jibbs By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ''Turkey in the Straw'' (a.k.a. children's tune ''Do Your Ears Hang Low?''), 15-year-old Jibbs has ...Jibbs Feat. JibbsHip-Hop/Rap By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ''Turkey in the Straw'' (a.k.a. children's tune ''Do Your Ears Hang Low?''), 15-year-old Jibbs has ...2006-10-27
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Jibbs; Producer (group): Geffen
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meet Jon Rudnitsky, the newest 'SNL' featured player
- The Democratic Party approves of Kanye West's presidential run
- Broadway-bound 'SpongeBob' musical to premiering in Chicago
- 'Drunk History' season 3 scoop: Will Ferrell as Roald Dahl and more
- One Direction producer previews new 1D album: 'We're experimenting a little'
- Rachel Bilson, Autumn Reeser stage 'O.C.' reunion at 'Unauthorized O.C. Musical'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' ratings dip to still-huge numbers
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!