By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ”Turkey in the Straw” (a.k.a. children’s tune ”Do Your Ears Hang Low?”), 15-year-old Jibbs has crafted an instantly recognizable top 10 hit — without paying sampling fees. As it so often goes, ”Chain Hang Low” is the most memorable moment of his competent debut, Jibbs Feat. Jibbs. The St. Louis teen is an impressive, confident rapper, but he spends most of the disc trying out too many different styles — from slow-rolling Houston grooves to Nelly-style pop-rap — instead of defining a sound of his own.
Jibbs Feat. Jibbs By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ''Turkey in the Straw'' (a.k.a. children's tune ''Do Your Ears Hang Low?''), 15-year-old Jibbs has ...Jibbs Feat. JibbsHip-Hop/Rap By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ''Turkey in the Straw'' (a.k.a. children's tune ''Do Your Ears Hang Low?''), 15-year-old Jibbs has ...2006-10-27
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Jibbs; Producer (group): Geffen
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Meet Jake's first partner, played by Damon Wayans Jr.
- Taye Diggs to guest-star on 300th episode of 'NCIS'
- Arielle Kebbel signs on for 'Fifty Shades Freed'
- Best 'SNL' host? Vote for Larry David! Or don't, he doesn't care.
- Netflix acquires Hitler satire 'Look Who’s Back'
- 'The People v. O.J. Simpson' hits record 12 million viewers with DVR numbers
- 'Good Wife' creators: Decision to end show only happened last week