By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ”Turkey in the Straw” (a.k.a. children’s tune ”Do Your Ears Hang Low?”), 15-year-old Jibbs has crafted an instantly recognizable top 10 hit — without paying sampling fees. As it so often goes, ”Chain Hang Low” is the most memorable moment of his competent debut, Jibbs Feat. Jibbs. The St. Louis teen is an impressive, confident rapper, but he spends most of the disc trying out too many different styles — from slow-rolling Houston grooves to Nelly-style pop-rap — instead of defining a sound of his own.
Jibbs Feat. Jibbs By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ''Turkey in the Straw'' (a.k.a. children's tune ''Do Your Ears Hang Low?''), 15-year-old Jibbs has ...Jibbs Feat. JibbsHip-Hop/Rap By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ''Turkey in the Straw'' (a.k.a. children's tune ''Do Your Ears Hang Low?''), 15-year-old Jibbs has ...2006-10-27
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Jibbs; Producer (group): Geffen; Status: In Season
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!