By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ”Turkey in the Straw” (a.k.a. children’s tune ”Do Your Ears Hang Low?”), 15-year-old Jibbs has crafted an instantly recognizable top 10 hit — without paying sampling fees. As it so often goes, ”Chain Hang Low” is the most memorable moment of his competent debut, Jibbs Feat. Jibbs. The St. Louis teen is an impressive, confident rapper, but he spends most of the disc trying out too many different styles — from slow-rolling Houston grooves to Nelly-style pop-rap — instead of defining a sound of his own.
Jibbs Feat. Jibbs By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ''Turkey in the Straw'' (a.k.a. children's tune ''Do Your Ears Hang Low?''), 15-year-old Jibbs has ...Jibbs Feat. JibbsHip-Hop/Rap By using the melody from 19th-century folk song ''Turkey in the Straw'' (a.k.a. children's tune ''Do Your Ears Hang Low?''), 15-year-old Jibbs has ...2006-10-27
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Jibbs; Producer (group): Geffen
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to this amazing Ryn Weaver song right this second
- Box office preview: 'San Andreas' to rock the box office
- Joan Rivers exhibit coming to the Grammy Museum
- A.R. Gurney's dog-friendly 'Sylvia' headed to Broadway
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Ruth Ware's 'In a Dark, Dark Wood'
- Woman covers Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' in sign language
- First Look: NBA star Muggsy Bogues cameos on 'Royal Pains'