Annette Bening is fierce as a sick, bad mother who abandons her son in a house full of crazies, but this dull-edged adaptation of a jolting memoir is more like running with a spatula.
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Annette Bening, Joseph Cross, Alec Baldwin, Jill Clayburgh, Brian Cox, Joseph Fiennes, Gwyneth Paltrow, Evan Rachel Wood; Director: Ryan Murphy; Author: Ryan Murphy; Release Date Wide: 10/27/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 116; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: TriStar Pictures
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- Pentangle founding member John Renbourn dies at 70
- Taylor Swift is one of the 'World's Greatest Leaders,' according to 'Fortune'
- Box office preview: 'Home' faces off against 'Get Hard'
- 'It Follows' star says response to film has been 'crazy'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!