Saturday Night Wrist boasts some of the Deftones’ best out-and-out metal tunes to date; ”Rats!Rats!Rats!” in particular is every bit as urgent and unsettling as its title implies. On the handful of tracks where the quintet indulges its experimental streak, however, the results are more mixed. Sparse electro-funk number ”Pink Cellphone” is impressive — and impressively rude — but jammy instrumental ”u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r,a,b,selct, start” sounds like people just noodling around while they wait for their singer to arrive.
Saturday Night Wrist Saturday Night Wrist boasts some of the Deftones' best out-and-out metal tunes to date; ''Rats!Rats!Rats!'' in particular is every bit...Saturday Night WristRock Saturday Night Wrist boasts some of the Deftones' best out-and-out metal tunes to date; ''Rats!Rats!Rats!'' in particular is every bit...2006-10-27
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Maverick
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Diana Gordon makes powerful TV debut on 'Colbert'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead recalls Michael Moore sex scene on 'BrainDead'
- 'Rings' trailer brings Samara back for more scares
- Stephen Colbert helps Rami Malek make his first Instagram post
- Ciara joins Miss America judges panel — exclusive
- AFI postpones 'Birth of a Nation' screening, Nate Parker Q&A
- Seth Meyers laughs at latest Hillary Clinton email revelations
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your limited series/drama nominees are...