Saturday Night Wrist boasts some of the Deftones’ best out-and-out metal tunes to date; ”Rats!Rats!Rats!” in particular is every bit as urgent and unsettling as its title implies. On the handful of tracks where the quintet indulges its experimental streak, however, the results are more mixed. Sparse electro-funk number ”Pink Cellphone” is impressive — and impressively rude — but jammy instrumental ”u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r,a,b,selct, start” sounds like people just noodling around while they wait for their singer to arrive.
Saturday Night Wrist Saturday Night Wrist boasts some of the Deftones' best out-and-out metal tunes to date; ''Rats!Rats!Rats!'' in particular is every bit...Saturday Night WristRock Saturday Night Wrist boasts some of the Deftones' best out-and-out metal tunes to date; ''Rats!Rats!Rats!'' in particular is every bit...2006-10-27
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Maverick
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!