Saturday Night Wrist boasts some of the Deftones’ best out-and-out metal tunes to date; ”Rats!Rats!Rats!” in particular is every bit as urgent and unsettling as its title implies. On the handful of tracks where the quintet indulges its experimental streak, however, the results are more mixed. Sparse electro-funk number ”Pink Cellphone” is impressive — and impressively rude — but jammy instrumental ”u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r,a,b,selct, start” sounds like people just noodling around while they wait for their singer to arrive.
Saturday Night Wrist Saturday Night Wrist boasts some of the Deftones' best out-and-out metal tunes to date; ''Rats!Rats!Rats!'' in particular is every bit...Saturday Night WristRock Saturday Night Wrist boasts some of the Deftones' best out-and-out metal tunes to date; ''Rats!Rats!Rats!'' in particular is every bit...2006-10-27
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Maverick
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Trans stories find a home on reality TV following Orange is the New Black, Transparent success
- 'Walking Dead': Lennie James explains Morgan's backstory
- 'Daredevil': 5 new character posters from Marvel's first Netflix show
- Eric Church, Kacey Musgraves to headline Willie Nelson's 4th of July picnic
- 'The Wiz' is NBC's next live musical, partnering with Cirque du Soleil
- 'Shadowhunters' gets series order from ABC Family
- 'Walking Dead': Its most-watched finale
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!