Love is a gift, in any form it takes. At least that’s the premise of Neil LaBute’s meticulously unsettling opus, Wrecks. Ed Harris, supported only by plumes of cigarette smoke, plays a Midwestern businessman at his wife’s wake. He’s charmingly boyish as he shares the story of their scandalous romance: She was 15 years his senior and married when they met. ”I’m leaving a lot out,” he admits. ”It’s private.” Indeed. Only an actor as disarming as Harris can project moral outrage from behind a veil of moral confusion. We all have secrets and contradictions, and Harris masterfully dissects both.
Wrecks Love is a gift, in any form it takes. At least that's the premise of Neil LaBute's meticulously unsettling opus, Wrecks. Ed Harris,...WrecksNeil LaBute Love is a gift, in any form it takes. At least that's the premise of Neil LaBute's meticulously unsettling opus, Wrecks. Ed Harris,...2006-10-27
Starring: Ed Harris; Director: Neil LaBute; Author: Neil LaBute; Opening Date: 10/03/2006
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Sharon Osbourne takes leave from 'The Talk' because of exhaustion
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos is 'heartbroken' the Olsen twins won't be on 'Fuller House'
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!