Love is a gift, in any form it takes. At least that’s the premise of Neil LaBute’s meticulously unsettling opus, Wrecks. Ed Harris, supported only by plumes of cigarette smoke, plays a Midwestern businessman at his wife’s wake. He’s charmingly boyish as he shares the story of their scandalous romance: She was 15 years his senior and married when they met. ”I’m leaving a lot out,” he admits. ”It’s private.” Indeed. Only an actor as disarming as Harris can project moral outrage from behind a veil of moral confusion. We all have secrets and contradictions, and Harris masterfully dissects both.
Wrecks Love is a gift, in any form it takes. At least that's the premise of Neil LaBute's meticulously unsettling opus, Wrecks. Ed Harris,...WrecksNeil LaBute Love is a gift, in any form it takes. At least that's the premise of Neil LaBute's meticulously unsettling opus, Wrecks. Ed Harris,...2006-10-27
Starring: Ed Harris; Director: Neil LaBute; Author: Neil LaBute; Opening Date: 10/03/2006
Posted October 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'Complications' canceled at USA
- 'No Escape' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Darren Criss & Aaron Tveit duet 'Take Me or Leave Me' from 'Rent'
- Julian Seinfeld's lemonade stand shut down by the police
- J.K. Rowling applauds 'Harry Potter' stars' Twitter rivalry
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!