Here’s yet another self-consciously ”Almodóvarian” confection, studded with small odes to the glory of self-creation. Marieta (the uniquely unbeautiful Mónica Cervera) is a narcoleptic pre-op transsexual prostitute saving up for an operation to remove eight inches of unwanted manhood. In her blackouts, she lapses into lavish musical fantasies, à la Dancer in the Dark — though there’s nothing ”von Trierian” about these karaoke explosions. Nothing terribly essential either: Like everything about 20 Centimeters, they feel virtuoso, yet extraneous.
Genre: Musical, Comedy; Starring: Monica Cervera, Concha Galan, Pablo Puyol; Director: Ramon Salazar; Author: Ramon Salazar; Release Date Limited: 10/27/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: TLA Entertainment
Posted November 1 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'La La Land' director on the 'timeless glamour' of Gosling & Stone
- 'Willy Wonka' costars pay tribute to Gene Wilder
- Will Ryan Lochte get your vote on 'Dancing With the Stars'?
- 'Arrow' unveils new villain Prometheus in season 5 photos
- 'Doctor Who' star Karen Gillan cast in 'Jumanji'
- 'The Flash' debuts first look at Flashpoint
- Tim McGraw crashes wedding and sings 'My Little Girl'