Here’s yet another self-consciously ”Almodóvarian” confection, studded with small odes to the glory of self-creation. Marieta (the uniquely unbeautiful Mónica Cervera) is a narcoleptic pre-op transsexual prostitute saving up for an operation to remove eight inches of unwanted manhood. In her blackouts, she lapses into lavish musical fantasies, à la Dancer in the Dark — though there’s nothing ”von Trierian” about these karaoke explosions. Nothing terribly essential either: Like everything about 20 Centimeters, they feel virtuoso, yet extraneous.
Genre: Musical, Comedy; Starring: Monica Cervera, Concha Galan, Pablo Puyol; Director: Ramon Salazar; Author: Ramon Salazar; Release Date Limited: 10/27/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: TLA Entertainment
Posted November 1 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?