Here’s yet another self-consciously ”Almodóvarian” confection, studded with small odes to the glory of self-creation. Marieta (the uniquely unbeautiful Mónica Cervera) is a narcoleptic pre-op transsexual prostitute saving up for an operation to remove eight inches of unwanted manhood. In her blackouts, she lapses into lavish musical fantasies, à la Dancer in the Dark — though there’s nothing ”von Trierian” about these karaoke explosions. Nothing terribly essential either: Like everything about 20 Centimeters, they feel virtuoso, yet extraneous.
Genre: Musical, Comedy; Starring: Monica Cervera, Concha Galan, Pablo Puyol; Director: Ramon Salazar; Author: Ramon Salazar; Release Date Limited: 10/27/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: TLA Entertainment
Posted November 1 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ja Rule and 50 Cent reignite their years-long feud
- ABC boss defends polarizing 'Grey's Anatomy' death
- 'Halo Wars 2' and more news from Microsoft's Gamescom conference
- Donald Trump biography gets early release date due to 'heightened interest'
- Simon Kinberg describes the brain trust that is plotting the next generation of 'Star Wars' films
- Kermit and Piggy announce breakup at TCA
- First 'Stonewall' trailer spotlights fight for gay rights