Here’s yet another self-consciously ”Almodóvarian” confection, studded with small odes to the glory of self-creation. Marieta (the uniquely unbeautiful Mónica Cervera) is a narcoleptic pre-op transsexual prostitute saving up for an operation to remove eight inches of unwanted manhood. In her blackouts, she lapses into lavish musical fantasies, à la Dancer in the Dark — though there’s nothing ”von Trierian” about these karaoke explosions. Nothing terribly essential either: Like everything about 20 Centimeters, they feel virtuoso, yet extraneous.
Genre: Musical, Comedy; Starring: Monica Cervera, Concha Galan, Pablo Puyol; Director: Ramon Salazar; Author: Ramon Salazar; Release Date Limited: 10/27/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: TLA Entertainment
Posted November 1 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel