I’m not sure I’m emotionally prepared to discuss Bob Barker’s pending retirement from The Price Is Right. I can’t tell you how many mornings of my elementary-school summer vacations I spent letting the now-silver-haired host teach me the value of comparison shopping, the meaning of the words “spayed and neutered,” and the ability to remain calm in the face of overzealous affection. But, y’know, even though the dude is still foxy as he approaches 83 – I’ve got Bob on right now in the background as I type this item, and he’s rockin’ his pinstripe suit and orchid tie better than most men half his age – I can’t blame him for wanting to call it a day in June 2007. That, of course, raises the inevitable question: Who can CBS find to replace him? I’m a little ambivalent about the subject, but if someone put “A NEW CAR!!!” on the line, I guess I’d throw my vote behind Dancing With the Stars runner-up John O’Hurley. How ‘bout you, PopWatchers?
Posted November 1 2006 — 4:56 PM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- Uber offering free 'Mad Max: Fury Road'-themed rides in Seattle
- How the faith-based drama 'War Room' became a sleeper hit
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!