I’m not sure I’m emotionally prepared to discuss Bob Barker’s pending retirement from The Price Is Right. I can’t tell you how many mornings of my elementary-school summer vacations I spent letting the now-silver-haired host teach me the value of comparison shopping, the meaning of the words “spayed and neutered,” and the ability to remain calm in the face of overzealous affection. But, y’know, even though the dude is still foxy as he approaches 83 – I’ve got Bob on right now in the background as I type this item, and he’s rockin’ his pinstripe suit and orchid tie better than most men half his age – I can’t blame him for wanting to call it a day in June 2007. That, of course, raises the inevitable question: Who can CBS find to replace him? I’m a little ambivalent about the subject, but if someone put “A NEW CAR!!!” on the line, I guess I’d throw my vote behind Dancing With the Stars runner-up John O’Hurley. How ‘bout you, PopWatchers?
Posted November 1 2006 — 4:56 PM EST
- Stephen Colbert meets Mitt Romney in new 'Late Show' promo
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!