I’m not sure I’m emotionally prepared to discuss Bob Barker’s pending retirement from The Price Is Right. I can’t tell you how many mornings of my elementary-school summer vacations I spent letting the now-silver-haired host teach me the value of comparison shopping, the meaning of the words “spayed and neutered,” and the ability to remain calm in the face of overzealous affection. But, y’know, even though the dude is still foxy as he approaches 83 – I’ve got Bob on right now in the background as I type this item, and he’s rockin’ his pinstripe suit and orchid tie better than most men half his age – I can’t blame him for wanting to call it a day in June 2007. That, of course, raises the inevitable question: Who can CBS find to replace him? I’m a little ambivalent about the subject, but if someone put “A NEW CAR!!!” on the line, I guess I’d throw my vote behind Dancing With the Stars runner-up John O’Hurley. How ‘bout you, PopWatchers?
Posted November 1 2006 — 4:56 PM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters