I’m not sure I’m emotionally prepared to discuss Bob Barker’s pending retirement from The Price Is Right. I can’t tell you how many mornings of my elementary-school summer vacations I spent letting the now-silver-haired host teach me the value of comparison shopping, the meaning of the words “spayed and neutered,” and the ability to remain calm in the face of overzealous affection. But, y’know, even though the dude is still foxy as he approaches 83 – I’ve got Bob on right now in the background as I type this item, and he’s rockin’ his pinstripe suit and orchid tie better than most men half his age – I can’t blame him for wanting to call it a day in June 2007. That, of course, raises the inevitable question: Who can CBS find to replace him? I’m a little ambivalent about the subject, but if someone put “A NEW CAR!!!” on the line, I guess I’d throw my vote behind Dancing With the Stars runner-up John O’Hurley. How ‘bout you, PopWatchers?
Posted November 1 2006 — 4:56 PM EST
- Lenny Kravitz & James Franco rock out in the new 'Guitar Hero Live' commercial
- Lady Gaga's 'AHS: Hotel' role made her feel 'so alive'
- J.K. Rowling debunks 'Harry Potter' fan theories on Twitter
- Nicolas Cage doesn’t regret turning down 'Lord of the Rings' role
- Why Kate Winslet was nervous to meet the real Joanna Hoffman for 'Steve Jobs'
- See Taylor Swift and Charli XCX perform 'Boom Clap' in Toronto
- See 'The Night Before' stars spoof 'Big' in new clip