What is the sound of one van rocking? That would be the epic sludge riffage and hallucinatory fervor of Danava (Sanskrit, approximately, for Enemies of God). The increasingly hyped Portland, Ore., outfit’s ponderous sonic thunder, a sort of psych-prog-metal Frankenstein, is far too dense and unwieldy to touch the Billboard album chart. But to the ever-growing number of heavy-rock revivalists, Danava will no doubt be welcomed alongside their treasured Sabbath and King Crimson LPs.
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Kemado
Posted November 3 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters