Annette Bening has all the buzz, but it’s Clayburgh who quietly makes off with Scissors. Whether eating dog food or poignantly urging her adopted son to run away, the 62-year-old exudes such comic despair as frazzled Agnes, it’s easy to see why she earned Academy nods for 1978’s An Unmarried Woman and 1979’s Starting Over. ”I loved playing this woman; I didn’t wash my hair for weeks,” she says. ”It was gross, but necessary to become her.”
Posted November 3 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!