Annette Bening has all the buzz, but it’s Clayburgh who quietly makes off with Scissors. Whether eating dog food or poignantly urging her adopted son to run away, the 62-year-old exudes such comic despair as frazzled Agnes, it’s easy to see why she earned Academy nods for 1978’s An Unmarried Woman and 1979’s Starting Over. ”I loved playing this woman; I didn’t wash my hair for weeks,” she says. ”It was gross, but necessary to become her.”
Posted November 3 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!