Annette Bening has all the buzz, but it’s Clayburgh who quietly makes off with Scissors. Whether eating dog food or poignantly urging her adopted son to run away, the 62-year-old exudes such comic despair as frazzled Agnes, it’s easy to see why she earned Academy nods for 1978’s An Unmarried Woman and 1979’s Starting Over. ”I loved playing this woman; I didn’t wash my hair for weeks,” she says. ”It was gross, but necessary to become her.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!