Annette Bening has all the buzz, but it’s Clayburgh who quietly makes off with Scissors. Whether eating dog food or poignantly urging her adopted son to run away, the 62-year-old exudes such comic despair as frazzled Agnes, it’s easy to see why she earned Academy nods for 1978’s An Unmarried Woman and 1979’s Starting Over. ”I loved playing this woman; I didn’t wash my hair for weeks,” she says. ”It was gross, but necessary to become her.”
Posted November 3 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- John Stamos is 'heartbroken' the Olsen twins won't be on 'Fuller House'
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!