O lucky dead-white-genius babe magnets! Painter Johannes Vermeer got Scarlett Johansson as his fictional assistant in Girl With a Pearl Earring, and now in Copying Beethoven, Ludwig van Beethoven (Ed Harris) gets Diane Kruger as the pretty girl who writes out the cranky musical giant’s manuscripts and lauds his Ode to Joy. Agnieszka Holland’s empurpled bio-fantasy is hooey with an anachronistic feminist slant from start to finish, lacking the jaunty cinematic dementia of Immortal Beloved. As LvB, Harris is intense, and intensely bewigged.
(Copying Beethoven: David Lukacs)
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Ed Harris, Diane Kruger, Matthew Goode; Director: Agnieszka Holland; Author: Stephen J. Rivele, Christopher Wilkinson; Release Date Limited: 11/10/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted November 8 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'You're the Worst' snags Echo Kellum in season 2
- President Obama documents his 'Running Wild' trip with Bear Grylls in selfies
- 'Are You The One?' season 3 trailer: See the new twist in action
- Theo Rossi joins 'Luke Cage' cast, Rosario Dawson will return as Claire Temple
- Garbage to reissue 20th anniversary edition of their debut album
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Bill Hader, and Jason Sudeikis to guest on 'Billy on the Street'
- 'Walking Dead' actor to guest on Fox's 'Minority Report'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!