O lucky dead-white-genius babe magnets! Painter Johannes Vermeer got Scarlett Johansson as his fictional assistant in Girl With a Pearl Earring, and now in Copying Beethoven, Ludwig van Beethoven (Ed Harris) gets Diane Kruger as the pretty girl who writes out the cranky musical giant’s manuscripts and lauds his Ode to Joy. Agnieszka Holland’s empurpled bio-fantasy is hooey with an anachronistic feminist slant from start to finish, lacking the jaunty cinematic dementia of Immortal Beloved. As LvB, Harris is intense, and intensely bewigged.
(Copying Beethoven: David Lukacs)
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Ed Harris, Diane Kruger, Matthew Goode; Director: Agnieszka Holland; Author: Stephen J. Rivele, Christopher Wilkinson; Release Date Limited: 11/10/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted November 8 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creators on 'hero' Felix saving two different clones
- Legendary closes deal on Dwayne Johnson action project set in China
- 'Preacher' pilot: Hear the directors' commentary online
- Chance the Rapper, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne have 'No Problem' in video
- Red Hot Chili Peppers share chill new song 'The Getaway'
- Khloé Kardashian files for divorce from Lamar Odom — again
- Justin Bieber, Skrillex facing lawsuit over 'Sorry'