I’m sorry to hear that ABC has pulled Six Degrees from its schedule through December (and maybe longer?). It’s a show that’s probably too nice for its own good; no wonder it’s getting eaten by CBS’ Shark every week. Its plotting is still scattershot, as it tries to force serendipitous connections among its six protagonists. Still, its dreamy depiction of a multi-ethnic New York, where city dwellers cross lines of race, class, and gender to help each other, makes it a nice Thursday companion piece to the network’s Ugly Betty. Plus, any project that gives jobs to Campbell Scott and Hope Davis is a good thing. Let’s hope ABC finds a way to bring it back after the New Year, when the primetime schedule is likely to become even more competitive.
Posted November 8 2006 — 9:39 PM EST
- Read your way through New Orleans
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Extreme Fan Club with Chris Pratt -- exclusive video
- EW's definitive ranking of the top 10 'Pac-Man' ghosts
- Funeral for slain New York rapper will be held next week
- What to binge-watch: Memorial Day marathon edition
- Pac-Man turns 35: Looking back on three-plus decades of video games, pop culture, and cereal
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!