It’s not that Mark Winegardner is a poor writer: He’s pretty great, and The Godfather’s Revenge, his second sequel to Mario Puzo’s novel is everything it should be: nuanced, chilling, and threaded with intrigue (it’s the 1960s, and the Mob becomes involved in a plot to assassinate a JFK-like president). But this book’s very existence feels terribly wrong. Why can’t dead authors stay dead? Robert LudlumTM books keep appearing in stores (he died five years ago) and V.C. Andrews® (Flowers in the Attic) spawned a posthumous industry. That said, if you simply have to read more about Michael Corleone, you probably won’t be able to put this one down.
The Godfather's RevengeIt's not that Mark Winegardner is a poor writer: He's pretty great, and The Godfather's Revenge, his second sequel to Mario Puzo's novel...The Godfather's RevengeFictionMark WinegardnerIt's not that Mark Winegardner is a poor writer: He's pretty great, and The Godfather's Revenge, his second sequel to Mario Puzo's novel...2006-11-08Putnam
Genre: Fiction; Author: Mark Winegardner; Publisher: Putnam
Posted November 8 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- 'Scandal' stars tour the White House ahead of Correspondents' Dinner
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch