It’s not that Mark Winegardner is a poor writer: He’s pretty great, and The Godfather’s Revenge, his second sequel to Mario Puzo’s novel is everything it should be: nuanced, chilling, and threaded with intrigue (it’s the 1960s, and the Mob becomes involved in a plot to assassinate a JFK-like president). But this book’s very existence feels terribly wrong. Why can’t dead authors stay dead? Robert LudlumTM books keep appearing in stores (he died five years ago) and V.C. Andrews® (Flowers in the Attic) spawned a posthumous industry. That said, if you simply have to read more about Michael Corleone, you probably won’t be able to put this one down.
The Godfather's RevengeIt's not that Mark Winegardner is a poor writer: He's pretty great, and The Godfather's Revenge, his second sequel to Mario Puzo's novel...The Godfather's RevengeFictionMark WinegardnerIt's not that Mark Winegardner is a poor writer: He's pretty great, and The Godfather's Revenge, his second sequel to Mario Puzo's novel...2006-11-08Putnam
Genre: Fiction; Author: Mark Winegardner; Publisher: Putnam
Posted November 8 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' stars react to final day of filming
- Michael Massee, Actor Who Played '24' Villain Ira Gaines, Dies at 61
- 'Mad Men' creator Matthew Weiner lines up Amazon anthology series
- Box office preview: Tom Hanks' 'Inferno' to catch fire at No. 1
- Hillary Clinton on Adele's endorsement: 'It meant a lot to me'
- 'Westworld': New photos plus episode titles give clues
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers