A brief history lesson: Muslims ruled what is now southern Spain for more than 700 years before being pushed out by the Catholic royals Ferdinand and Isabella. Well, it’s 2006 and they’re still angry about it in The Hidden Assassins, Robert Wilson’s third book starring police Inspector Jefe Javier Falcon. When an apartment block is bombed and a mosque discovered in its basement, suspicion is naturally cast upon Islamic extremists, though an ultra-conservative Catholic group may also hold some answers. Wilson, who both continues and resolves entangled plot lines and deep characterizations from previous books, mixes elements from police procedurals, spy novels, and political thrillers into an intriguing, yet sometimes overly confusing, mystery.
The Hidden AssassinsA brief history lesson: Muslims ruled what is now southern Spain for more than 700 years before being pushed out by the Catholic royals Ferdinand and...The Hidden AssassinsMystery and Thriller, FictionRobert WilsonA brief history lesson: Muslims ruled what is now southern Spain for more than 700 years before being pushed out by the Catholic royals Ferdinand and...2006-11-08Harcourt
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Robert Wilson; Publisher: Harcourt
Posted November 8 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Charli XCX releases sleek, dance-heavy video for single 'Vroom Vroom'
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down tonight's action sequences
- John Krasinski to star in 'Jack Ryan' Amazon series
- Dylan O'Brien injuries further delay 'Maze Runner' sequel production
- 'The Flash' needs a new director
- 'The Ranch' renewed by Netflix
- 'Arrow' producer: 'Diversity is not a burden, it’s just smart business'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch