Here’s my favorite piece of electoral analysis this season, courtesty of comics-loving blogger David Campbell. His spot-on (and occasionally profane) look at where the superheroes stand on the issues (the DC crowd are generally Republicans, the Marvelites mostly Democrats) speaks for itself. I second his suggestion that Tony Stark (a.k.a. Iron Man) replace Donald Rumsfeld as Secretary of Defense. I only wish Campbell’s post were more comprehensive – who gets Thor’s endorsement? Which party does Swamp Thing support? (The Green Party, duh.) What about the Fantastic Four? (I’d guess that the Human Torch is a flaming liberal, Invisible Girl a transparent centrist, the Thing a rock-ribbed Republican, and Mr. Fantastic – well, he’s flexible.)
Posted November 9 2006 — 9:11 PM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel