Here’s my favorite piece of electoral analysis this season, courtesty of comics-loving blogger David Campbell. His spot-on (and occasionally profane) look at where the superheroes stand on the issues (the DC crowd are generally Republicans, the Marvelites mostly Democrats) speaks for itself. I second his suggestion that Tony Stark (a.k.a. Iron Man) replace Donald Rumsfeld as Secretary of Defense. I only wish Campbell’s post were more comprehensive – who gets Thor’s endorsement? Which party does Swamp Thing support? (The Green Party, duh.) What about the Fantastic Four? (I’d guess that the Human Torch is a flaming liberal, Invisible Girl a transparent centrist, the Thing a rock-ribbed Republican, and Mr. Fantastic – well, he’s flexible.)
Posted November 9 2006 — 9:11 PM EST
- Lee Daniels goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- 'Doctor Who' is headed to theaters in September
- Aziz Ansari's Netflix comedy snags Claire Danes and more
- Harris Wittels' cause of death confirmed to be accidental overdose
- Brittany Snow to return for Pitch Perfect 3
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch talks routines that got him 'excited about dance'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!