In Ian Rankin’s Bleeding Hearts, contract killer Michael Weston (a.k.a. the Demolition Man) guns down a prominent London journalist, then discovers he’s been set up. Accompanied by a beautiful woman (is there a decent thriller without one?), he pursues his shadowy nemesis from the Scottish countryside to New York City, rural Texas, and a Seattle-area cult headquarters, while eluding both the cops and Leo Hoffer, a ruthless PI. This brisk novel was first published in the U.K. in 1994; while Rankin has gone on to write better books — including most of the Inspector Rebus whodunits, and the sensational Witch Hunt — even a second-tier Rankin thriller will keep you flipping pages into the night.
Bleeding Hearts In Ian Rankin's Bleeding Hearts, contract killer Michael Weston (a.k.a. the Demolition Man) guns down a prominent London journalist,...Bleeding HeartsMystery and Thriller, FictionIan Rankin In Ian Rankin's Bleeding Hearts, contract killer Michael Weston (a.k.a. the Demolition Man) guns down a prominent London journalist,...2006-11-10Little Brown & Company
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Ian Rankin; Publisher: Little Brown & Company
Posted November 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- 'Jack Reacher 2' starring Tom Cruise gets a release date
- Stan Lee says 'Fantastic Four' flopped because he didn’t have a cameo
- Dean Jones, The Love Bug and That Darn Cat actor, dies at 84
- 'Wildest Dreams' director responds to allegations of colonialism in Taylor Swift video
- How the new Oscar producers plan to change the show (and make it shorter)
- 'Batmetal Returns' to cover Dethklok, and destroy some of your favorite cartoon characters
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!