”I’m individual/I’m not like anyone,” sings Disney Channel heroine Hannah Montana, as played by Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray’s daughter, who gets nine of the 13 cuts on the show’s soundtrack, Hannah Montana). By individualism, she means the ability to mimic Avril, Ashlee, and Britney simultaneously. The TV character leads a Superman-style double life: derivative pop star by night, undercover normal kid by day. Here, that duality results in tween-entitlement anthems about how totally awesome it is to be famous, yet go unrecognized at will — a nice fantasy for Brangelina, but a weird one to push on little girls.
Hannah Montana ''I'm individual/I'm not like anyone,'' sings Disney Channel heroine Hannah Montana, as played by Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray's daughter, who gets nine of...Hannah MontanaSoundtracks ''I'm individual/I'm not like anyone,'' sings Disney Channel heroine Hannah Montana, as played by Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray's daughter, who gets nine of...2006-11-10
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Walt Disney Productions
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!