”I’m individual/I’m not like anyone,” sings Disney Channel heroine Hannah Montana, as played by Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray’s daughter, who gets nine of the 13 cuts on the show’s soundtrack, Hannah Montana). By individualism, she means the ability to mimic Avril, Ashlee, and Britney simultaneously. The TV character leads a Superman-style double life: derivative pop star by night, undercover normal kid by day. Here, that duality results in tween-entitlement anthems about how totally awesome it is to be famous, yet go unrecognized at will — a nice fantasy for Brangelina, but a weird one to push on little girls.
Hannah Montana ''I'm individual/I'm not like anyone,'' sings Disney Channel heroine Hannah Montana, as played by Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray's daughter, who gets nine of...Hannah MontanaSoundtracks ''I'm individual/I'm not like anyone,'' sings Disney Channel heroine Hannah Montana, as played by Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray's daughter, who gets nine of...2006-11-10
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Walt Disney Productions
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!