”I’m individual/I’m not like anyone,” sings Disney Channel heroine Hannah Montana, as played by Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray’s daughter, who gets nine of the 13 cuts on the show’s soundtrack, Hannah Montana). By individualism, she means the ability to mimic Avril, Ashlee, and Britney simultaneously. The TV character leads a Superman-style double life: derivative pop star by night, undercover normal kid by day. Here, that duality results in tween-entitlement anthems about how totally awesome it is to be famous, yet go unrecognized at will — a nice fantasy for Brangelina, but a weird one to push on little girls.
Hannah Montana ''I'm individual/I'm not like anyone,'' sings Disney Channel heroine Hannah Montana, as played by Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray's daughter, who gets nine of...Hannah MontanaSoundtracks ''I'm individual/I'm not like anyone,'' sings Disney Channel heroine Hannah Montana, as played by Miley Cyrus (Billy Ray's daughter, who gets nine of...2006-11-10
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Walt Disney Productions
Posted November 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the first full promo for 'Bachelor in Paradise' season 2
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series sets fall premiere date
- Which Avengers member is definitely in 'Ant-Man'?
- Chris Pratt used his raptor-whispering skills on the Avengers
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Sam Raimi on why he likes to torment Bruce Campbell
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay -- Part 2': Liam Hemsworth in war paint for new Gale poster (EW exclusive)
- Ed Sullivan Theater gets temporary marquee in preparation for Stephen Colbert
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!