From our pals over at Idolator comes a report of Lou Reed’s grudging performance at some corporate tech gig on Wednesday night. (Valleywag has a video clip of Reed’s performance here, including the priceless intro quoted in this item’s headline.) Why so glum, Lou? Everyone’s playing corporate gigs these days, and it’s not like you haven’t traveled down this road before – on a Honda scooter, no less. Still, this would have been fun to see live, on the off chance that Reed would try to scare the suits with something like “Heroin” or “Metal Machine Music.” Then again, maybe that’s the lesson of this event: that there’s pretty much no such thing as irony or shocking the bourgeoisie anymore; as this hilarious dubbing of Reed’s “Sister Ray” proves, pretty much anything can be co-opted.
Posted November 10 2006 — 9:16 PM EST
- Congresswoman quotes Albus Dumbledore during DNC speech
- Elvis Presley's electric guitar set for auction
- 'The Flash' movie adds 'Dope' actress Kiersey Clemons as female lead
- Christina Grimmie's final music videos to be released next month
- Beyoncé collaborator Diana Gordon drops soulful new track
- Eddie Redmayne to star in 'The Last Days of Night' movie adaptation
- Boyz II Men perform at the DNC in Philadelphia
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'