From our pals over at Idolator comes a report of Lou Reed’s grudging performance at some corporate tech gig on Wednesday night. (Valleywag has a video clip of Reed’s performance here, including the priceless intro quoted in this item’s headline.) Why so glum, Lou? Everyone’s playing corporate gigs these days, and it’s not like you haven’t traveled down this road before – on a Honda scooter, no less. Still, this would have been fun to see live, on the off chance that Reed would try to scare the suits with something like “Heroin” or “Metal Machine Music.” Then again, maybe that’s the lesson of this event: that there’s pretty much no such thing as irony or shocking the bourgeoisie anymore; as this hilarious dubbing of Reed’s “Sister Ray” proves, pretty much anything can be co-opted.
Posted November 10 2006 — 9:16 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt