As is often the case when someone so young passes away, we’re still in shock over the news that Gerald LeVert died of a heart attack on Friday at age 40. LeVert had been cranking out the hits since the mid-’80s, as part of the trio LeVert, which was best known for the crossover smash “Casanova” (listen to it by clicking here, courtesy of the good folks at Idolator) and R&B hits like “(Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop) Goes My Mind” and “Baby I’m Ready” (the latter clip comes complete with some eighties-tastic video-vixen fashions). LeVert later went on to achieve solo success (see “Private Line”) and was part of the trio LSG (with Keith Sweat and Johnny Gill) whose hits included “My Body.” If it’s a little live footage you’re after, though, check out LeVert’s 2005 duet with Patti LaBelle on “Here and Now.” Powerful stuff indeed.
Posted November 13 2006 — 3:13 PM EST
- 'The Royals' gets season 3 premiere date, shirtless Prince Liam pics
- Starz renews 'Survivor's Remorse' for season 4
- Gerard Butler brings 'depth and heart' to 'The Headhunter’s Calling'
- Casey Affleck comes home in emotional 'Manchester by the Sea' trailer
- DJ Khaled to host MTV VMA red carpet pre-show
- Lou Pearlman's cause of death revealed
- WATCH: Teen boys keep big secret in 'Eyewitness' — exclusive trailer
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...