As is often the case when someone so young passes away, we’re still in shock over the news that Gerald LeVert died of a heart attack on Friday at age 40. LeVert had been cranking out the hits since the mid-’80s, as part of the trio LeVert, which was best known for the crossover smash “Casanova” (listen to it by clicking here, courtesy of the good folks at Idolator) and R&B hits like “(Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop) Goes My Mind” and “Baby I’m Ready” (the latter clip comes complete with some eighties-tastic video-vixen fashions). LeVert later went on to achieve solo success (see “Private Line”) and was part of the trio LSG (with Keith Sweat and Johnny Gill) whose hits included “My Body.” If it’s a little live footage you’re after, though, check out LeVert’s 2005 duet with Patti LaBelle on “Here and Now.” Powerful stuff indeed.
Posted November 13 2006 — 3:13 PM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!