As is often the case when someone so young passes away, we’re still in shock over the news that Gerald LeVert died of a heart attack on Friday at age 40. LeVert had been cranking out the hits since the mid-’80s, as part of the trio LeVert, which was best known for the crossover smash “Casanova” (listen to it by clicking here, courtesy of the good folks at Idolator) and R&B hits like “(Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop) Goes My Mind” and “Baby I’m Ready” (the latter clip comes complete with some eighties-tastic video-vixen fashions). LeVert later went on to achieve solo success (see “Private Line”) and was part of the trio LSG (with Keith Sweat and Johnny Gill) whose hits included “My Body.” If it’s a little live footage you’re after, though, check out LeVert’s 2005 duet with Patti LaBelle on “Here and Now.” Powerful stuff indeed.
Posted November 13 2006 — 3:13 PM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade