As is often the case when someone so young passes away, we’re still in shock over the news that Gerald LeVert died of a heart attack on Friday at age 40. LeVert had been cranking out the hits since the mid-’80s, as part of the trio LeVert, which was best known for the crossover smash “Casanova” (listen to it by clicking here, courtesy of the good folks at Idolator) and R&B hits like “(Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop) Goes My Mind” and “Baby I’m Ready” (the latter clip comes complete with some eighties-tastic video-vixen fashions). LeVert later went on to achieve solo success (see “Private Line”) and was part of the trio LSG (with Keith Sweat and Johnny Gill) whose hits included “My Body.” If it’s a little live footage you’re after, though, check out LeVert’s 2005 duet with Patti LaBelle on “Here and Now.” Powerful stuff indeed.
Posted November 13 2006 — 3:13 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles