Yes, it’s Tuesday, but folks throughout EW HQ are still talking about this past weekend’s Alec Baldwin-hosted episode of Saturday Night Live, saying it was the funniest episode in recent memory. (And we’re not the only ones still talking about it. NBC has some of the highlights streaming here.) Give some credit to the unusually sharp writing (the Britney-and-her-divorce-lawyer vignette, the carpool sketch). Props also to the surprise celebrity guests – a smug Steve Martin, a dazed Paul McCartney, and an extremely game Tony Bennett (pictured, right, alongside Baldwin impersonating the crooner), who also sang a lively duet with Christina Aguilera. But give most of the credit to Baldwin, who’s become our favorite comedy cleanup hitter, and whose practiced deadpan managed to sell lines like “Bobby McFerrin raped my grandmother.” (Trust us, that was a really funny punchline.) Can he please host every week?
Posted November 14 2006 — 9:33 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles