Yes, it’s Tuesday, but folks throughout EW HQ are still talking about this past weekend’s Alec Baldwin-hosted episode of Saturday Night Live, saying it was the funniest episode in recent memory. (And we’re not the only ones still talking about it. NBC has some of the highlights streaming here.) Give some credit to the unusually sharp writing (the Britney-and-her-divorce-lawyer vignette, the carpool sketch). Props also to the surprise celebrity guests – a smug Steve Martin, a dazed Paul McCartney, and an extremely game Tony Bennett (pictured, right, alongside Baldwin impersonating the crooner), who also sang a lively duet with Christina Aguilera. But give most of the credit to Baldwin, who’s become our favorite comedy cleanup hitter, and whose practiced deadpan managed to sell lines like “Bobby McFerrin raped my grandmother.” (Trust us, that was a really funny punchline.) Can he please host every week?
Posted November 14 2006 — 9:33 PM EST
- Kristen Stewart, James Franco, Helena Bonham Carter join 'JT LeRoy'
- In defense of Cuba Gooding Jr. as O.J. Simpson
- 'The People v. O.J. Simpson': How the White Bronco chase was recreated
- 'Star Wars' meets 'Mario Kart' in 'Star Kart' fan video
- Courteney Cox sitcom 'Charity Case' lands pilot at Fox
- 'Frozen' holiday special to air on ABC in 2017
- Ben Stiller, Penélope Cruz strut on 'Zoolander 2' premiere's red-carpet runway