Yes, it’s Tuesday, but folks throughout EW HQ are still talking about this past weekend’s Alec Baldwin-hosted episode of Saturday Night Live, saying it was the funniest episode in recent memory. (And we’re not the only ones still talking about it. NBC has some of the highlights streaming here.) Give some credit to the unusually sharp writing (the Britney-and-her-divorce-lawyer vignette, the carpool sketch). Props also to the surprise celebrity guests – a smug Steve Martin, a dazed Paul McCartney, and an extremely game Tony Bennett (pictured, right, alongside Baldwin impersonating the crooner), who also sang a lively duet with Christina Aguilera. But give most of the credit to Baldwin, who’s become our favorite comedy cleanup hitter, and whose practiced deadpan managed to sell lines like “Bobby McFerrin raped my grandmother.” (Trust us, that was a really funny punchline.) Can he please host every week?
Posted November 14 2006 — 9:33 PM EST
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!