Yes, it’s Tuesday, but folks throughout EW HQ are still talking about this past weekend’s Alec Baldwin-hosted episode of Saturday Night Live, saying it was the funniest episode in recent memory. (And we’re not the only ones still talking about it. NBC has some of the highlights streaming here.) Give some credit to the unusually sharp writing (the Britney-and-her-divorce-lawyer vignette, the carpool sketch). Props also to the surprise celebrity guests – a smug Steve Martin, a dazed Paul McCartney, and an extremely game Tony Bennett (pictured, right, alongside Baldwin impersonating the crooner), who also sang a lively duet with Christina Aguilera. But give most of the credit to Baldwin, who’s become our favorite comedy cleanup hitter, and whose practiced deadpan managed to sell lines like “Bobby McFerrin raped my grandmother.” (Trust us, that was a really funny punchline.) Can he please host every week?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Death threats against BBC director investigated following Jeremy Clarkson firing
- Harrison Ford released from hospital following plane crash: Report
- Chrissy Teigen, Ludacris to host Billboard Music Awards
- Deadline editor apologizes for controversial diversity in casting article
- Gallant drops a rain-streaked video for his next-level slow jam 'Open Up': Exclusive
- 'Walking Dead': Gale Anne Hurd on season finale
- Pusha T, Tinie Tempah, and Beorn from 'The Hobbit' star in the video for iSHi's 'Push It' remix: Exclusive
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!