Yes, it’s Tuesday, but folks throughout EW HQ are still talking about this past weekend’s Alec Baldwin-hosted episode of Saturday Night Live, saying it was the funniest episode in recent memory. (And we’re not the only ones still talking about it. NBC has some of the highlights streaming here.) Give some credit to the unusually sharp writing (the Britney-and-her-divorce-lawyer vignette, the carpool sketch). Props also to the surprise celebrity guests – a smug Steve Martin, a dazed Paul McCartney, and an extremely game Tony Bennett (pictured, right, alongside Baldwin impersonating the crooner), who also sang a lively duet with Christina Aguilera. But give most of the credit to Baldwin, who’s become our favorite comedy cleanup hitter, and whose practiced deadpan managed to sell lines like “Bobby McFerrin raped my grandmother.” (Trust us, that was a really funny punchline.) Can he please host every week?
Posted November 14 2006 — 9:33 PM EST
- Pitbull teases wild Vegas residency, new album
- 'Magic Mike XXL' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Quentin Tarantino meets 'The Ten Commandments' in new comic: EW exclusive First Look
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': See concept art of the villain's tomb
- Conan saw a midnight screening of 'Magic Mike XXL' with the women on his staff
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' First Look: See exclusive concept art of the team of heroes (and villains) in battle
- A brief history of sharks in pop culture