Yes, it’s Tuesday, but folks throughout EW HQ are still talking about this past weekend’s Alec Baldwin-hosted episode of Saturday Night Live, saying it was the funniest episode in recent memory. (And we’re not the only ones still talking about it. NBC has some of the highlights streaming here.) Give some credit to the unusually sharp writing (the Britney-and-her-divorce-lawyer vignette, the carpool sketch). Props also to the surprise celebrity guests – a smug Steve Martin, a dazed Paul McCartney, and an extremely game Tony Bennett (pictured, right, alongside Baldwin impersonating the crooner), who also sang a lively duet with Christina Aguilera. But give most of the credit to Baldwin, who’s become our favorite comedy cleanup hitter, and whose practiced deadpan managed to sell lines like “Bobby McFerrin raped my grandmother.” (Trust us, that was a really funny punchline.) Can he please host every week?
Posted November 14 2006 — 9:33 PM EST
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing