+ The population of super-powered pretty people in NBC’s rookie smash Heroes keeps growing every week. (We’re so crushing on ”Google Girl,” a.k.a. Hiro’s waitress sweetie with the super-memory played by Jayma Mays.) And now EW has learned it’ll keep booming into the new year. Christopher Eccleston — who just completed a tour of duty on BBC America’s Doctor Who — will join Heroes in January in a top-secret recurring role. EW can also confirm that actor Zachary Quinto (so noTORIous) has been cast as mutant serial killer Sylar; he’ll show his mug and speak a line in the Nov. 27 episode. Can Hiro (Masi Oka) turn back time and save ”Google Girl” from Sylar’s recent skull scalping? Hurry, Hiro! You’re our only hope!
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- How Taylor Swift, Jimmy Fallon, and other stars are celebrating July 4
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Q's about Jace, Audrey, and a twist
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!