+ The population of super-powered pretty people in NBC’s rookie smash Heroes keeps growing every week. (We’re so crushing on ”Google Girl,” a.k.a. Hiro’s waitress sweetie with the super-memory played by Jayma Mays.) And now EW has learned it’ll keep booming into the new year. Christopher Eccleston — who just completed a tour of duty on BBC America’s Doctor Who — will join Heroes in January in a top-secret recurring role. EW can also confirm that actor Zachary Quinto (so noTORIous) has been cast as mutant serial killer Sylar; he’ll show his mug and speak a line in the Nov. 27 episode. Can Hiro (Masi Oka) turn back time and save ”Google Girl” from Sylar’s recent skull scalping? Hurry, Hiro! You’re our only hope!
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Michael B. Jordan on boxing in 'Creed': 'Every punch is a line'
- 'The Man in the High Castle' postmortem: Episode 6, 'Three Monkeys'
- Fox News contributor gets death threats for mocking 'Star Wars' fans
- Glenn Danzig shares stories behind songs on new covers album
- See 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' come to life in 'Disney Infinity 3.0'
- Will Smith says there 'might be a future' for him in politics
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' lands PG-13 rating
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year
- EW's 2015 Entertainers of the Year