+ The population of super-powered pretty people in NBC’s rookie smash Heroes keeps growing every week. (We’re so crushing on ”Google Girl,” a.k.a. Hiro’s waitress sweetie with the super-memory played by Jayma Mays.) And now EW has learned it’ll keep booming into the new year. Christopher Eccleston — who just completed a tour of duty on BBC America’s Doctor Who — will join Heroes in January in a top-secret recurring role. EW can also confirm that actor Zachary Quinto (so noTORIous) has been cast as mutant serial killer Sylar; he’ll show his mug and speak a line in the Nov. 27 episode. Can Hiro (Masi Oka) turn back time and save ”Google Girl” from Sylar’s recent skull scalping? Hurry, Hiro! You’re our only hope!
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters