”He is one of the greatest Australian directors, and those early movies, like Picnic at Hanging Rock and Gallipoli, certainly inspired me as an actor,” says the 38-year-old Aussie about the helmer of 2003’s Master and Commander. (Though it’s not as if Jackman’s hurting for work — he stars in four current releases: The Prestige, Flushed Away, Happy Feet, and The Fountain.) ”So I keep putting it out there. I figure if I mention it enough, someone will say, ‘I heard Hugh Jackman wanted to work with you,’ and one day he might give me a call. Anything he does, I’m in.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Once Upon a Time' reveals what happened to Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards 2015: And the winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!