”He is one of the greatest Australian directors, and those early movies, like Picnic at Hanging Rock and Gallipoli, certainly inspired me as an actor,” says the 38-year-old Aussie about the helmer of 2003’s Master and Commander. (Though it’s not as if Jackman’s hurting for work — he stars in four current releases: The Prestige, Flushed Away, Happy Feet, and The Fountain.) ”So I keep putting it out there. I figure if I mention it enough, someone will say, ‘I heard Hugh Jackman wanted to work with you,’ and one day he might give me a call. Anything he does, I’m in.”
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy