”He is one of the greatest Australian directors, and those early movies, like Picnic at Hanging Rock and Gallipoli, certainly inspired me as an actor,” says the 38-year-old Aussie about the helmer of 2003’s Master and Commander. (Though it’s not as if Jackman’s hurting for work — he stars in four current releases: The Prestige, Flushed Away, Happy Feet, and The Fountain.) ”So I keep putting it out there. I figure if I mention it enough, someone will say, ‘I heard Hugh Jackman wanted to work with you,’ and one day he might give me a call. Anything he does, I’m in.”
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!