”He is one of the greatest Australian directors, and those early movies, like Picnic at Hanging Rock and Gallipoli, certainly inspired me as an actor,” says the 38-year-old Aussie about the helmer of 2003’s Master and Commander. (Though it’s not as if Jackman’s hurting for work — he stars in four current releases: The Prestige, Flushed Away, Happy Feet, and The Fountain.) ”So I keep putting it out there. I figure if I mention it enough, someone will say, ‘I heard Hugh Jackman wanted to work with you,’ and one day he might give me a call. Anything he does, I’m in.”
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Yvonne Strahovski joins Hulu's 'The Handmaid's Tale'
- Teyana Taylor: 5 things to know about the star of Kanye new video
- Here's where you can watch the Anthony Weiner documentary, 'Weiner'
- Marlene King debuts 'Famous in Love' trailer starring Bella Thorne
- Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka' and 'Blazing Saddles' star, dies at 83
- 'Pretty Little Liars': 13 questions we need answered before it ends
- An introduction to Deathstroke, the new DC movie universe villain