”He is one of the greatest Australian directors, and those early movies, like Picnic at Hanging Rock and Gallipoli, certainly inspired me as an actor,” says the 38-year-old Aussie about the helmer of 2003’s Master and Commander. (Though it’s not as if Jackman’s hurting for work — he stars in four current releases: The Prestige, Flushed Away, Happy Feet, and The Fountain.) ”So I keep putting it out there. I figure if I mention it enough, someone will say, ‘I heard Hugh Jackman wanted to work with you,’ and one day he might give me a call. Anything he does, I’m in.”
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Will Ferrell attempt a disastrous half-court shot in 'Daddy's Home'
- Darren Aronofsky collaborates on Paris art installation on climate change
- Amazon is releasing the 'Transparent' season 2 premiere early
- Nicholas Brendon returning to 'The Dr. Phil Show'
- 'Straight Outta Compton' star O'Shea Jackson on the film's Oscar potential
- Ricki Lake and social influencers launch #TreatmentForAll in honor of World AIDS Day
- See Jill Scott's moving acceptance speech at the Soul Train Awards