The day the clown cried has given way to the day the clown went hip and postmodern. Will Ferrell plays a nerd who can hear the narrator of his own story. Easy to watch, the movie mimics the I’m-a-character-in-my-own-life metaphysical playfulness of The Truman Show with far less art or imagination.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah; Director: Marc Forster; Author: Zach Helm; Release Date Wide: 11/10/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Alicia Vikander to play Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' reboot
- Lee Daniels options Jesmyn Ward's 'Men We Reaped'
- 'The Angry Birds Movie': Bringing the game's action to the big screen
- Hear a preview of Kesha and Zedd's 'True Colors'
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' was (literally) painful for Olivia Munn
- Box office preview: 'The Jungle Book' to best 'Keanu,' 'Mother’s Day'
- WATCH: Zoë Kravitz on her 'very rare' role in 'Vincent N Roxxy'