The day the clown cried has given way to the day the clown went hip and postmodern. Will Ferrell plays a nerd who can hear the narrator of his own story. Easy to watch, the movie mimics the I’m-a-character-in-my-own-life metaphysical playfulness of The Truman Show with far less art or imagination.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah; Director: Marc Forster; Author: Zach Helm; Release Date Wide: 11/10/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'Warm Bodies' prequel 'The New Hunger' -- and see the cover
- A-Trak reveals the soundtrack to his life
- Label CEO says company has naming rights to Chief Keef's baby
- Celine Dion revives Las Vegas residency following yearlong hiatus
- Hugh Dancy and Gillian Anderson get philosophical in exclusive 'Hannibal' finale clip
- Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander stun in new 'Danish Girl' poster
- Get to know The Weeknd through his 9 best deep cuts
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!