The day the clown cried has given way to the day the clown went hip and postmodern. Will Ferrell plays a nerd who can hear the narrator of his own story. Easy to watch, the movie mimics the I’m-a-character-in-my-own-life metaphysical playfulness of The Truman Show with far less art or imagination.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah; Director: Marc Forster; Author: Zach Helm; Release Date Wide: 11/10/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Key & Peele' have a very 'awkward' conversation about pop-culture opinions
- Starz boss scolds TV critics over HBO 'feud': 'Shame ... behave yourselves'
- Coach Taylor wants you to 'turn your goddamn cell phones off' in new PSA
- 'The Astronaut Wives Club' postmortem: Haley Strode reflects on all of those astronaut deaths
- All hail Jeremy Renner, Setup Man
- Disclosure reveal Miguel, The Weeknd and rest of CARACAL track list
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen addresses the rampant throwing of challenges
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!