The day the clown cried has given way to the day the clown went hip and postmodern. Will Ferrell plays a nerd who can hear the narrator of his own story. Easy to watch, the movie mimics the I’m-a-character-in-my-own-life metaphysical playfulness of The Truman Show with far less art or imagination.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah; Director: Marc Forster; Author: Zach Helm; Release Date Wide: 11/10/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations