The day the clown cried has given way to the day the clown went hip and postmodern. Will Ferrell plays a nerd who can hear the narrator of his own story. Easy to watch, the movie mimics the I’m-a-character-in-my-own-life metaphysical playfulness of The Truman Show with far less art or imagination.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah; Director: Marc Forster; Author: Zach Helm; Release Date Wide: 11/10/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fox News: Why isn't media scrutinizing how Josh Duggar's police file got leaked?
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Miss Congeniality winner Katya speaks!
- Clint Eastwood to direct Capt. 'Sully' biopic
- 'Batman Arkham Knight' trailer teases playable Harley Quinn
- 'Zombeavers' director tackles horror-movie tropes with phony preview for 'The Drone'
- David 'Bitch Waffle' Spade stars in new 'Joe Dirt 2' trailer: Watch
- Bethesda teases return of 'Fallout'