The day the clown cried has given way to the day the clown went hip and postmodern. Will Ferrell plays a nerd who can hear the narrator of his own story. Easy to watch, the movie mimics the I’m-a-character-in-my-own-life metaphysical playfulness of The Truman Show with far less art or imagination.
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah; Director: Marc Forster; Author: Zach Helm; Release Date Wide: 11/10/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted November 17 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on that killer finale and what's next
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- Denis Villeneuve in talks to direct 'Blade Runner' sequel: Report
- 'Vikings': Katheryn Winnick on Lagertha's season 3 plans
- Scarlett Johansson defends John Travolta
- 'Power/Rangers' fan film off YouTube
- YouTube duo get 'Electra Woman and Dyna Girl' gig
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!