The heart-attack death last year of Fabiàn Bielinsky, the Buenos Aires-born 47-year-old director of Nine Queens, makes the posthumous release of The Aura, his mysterious drama about an Argentinean epileptic taxidermist caught up in a vivid crime, that much more poignant. Ricardo Darín, wearing a mild-mannered expression of emotional remove, plays the unnamed antihero, obsessed with imagining the perfect robbery. The ”aura” is the clarity with which he sees — or imagines he sees — the world in moments preceding an epileptic attack.
(Aura: Elías Meckler)
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Ricardo Darin; Director: Fabian Bielinsky; Author: Fabian Bielinsky; Release Date Limited: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 138; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: IFC First Take
Posted November 22 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Dancy and Gillian Anderson get philosophical in exclusive 'Hannibal' finale clip
- Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander stun in new 'Danish Girl' poster
- Get to know The Weeknd through his 9 best deep cuts
- Jimmy Kimmel censors Donald Trump on 'Unnecessary Censorship'
- Ranking Shania Twain's 37 singles in honor of her 50th birthday
- 'It Follows' director responds to Tarantino's criticism
- Kelly Clarkson covers Dolly Parton's 'Jolene'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!