The heart-attack death last year of Fabiàn Bielinsky, the Buenos Aires-born 47-year-old director of Nine Queens, makes the posthumous release of The Aura, his mysterious drama about an Argentinean epileptic taxidermist caught up in a vivid crime, that much more poignant. Ricardo Darín, wearing a mild-mannered expression of emotional remove, plays the unnamed antihero, obsessed with imagining the perfect robbery. The ”aura” is the clarity with which he sees — or imagines he sees — the world in moments preceding an epileptic attack.
(Aura: Elías Meckler)
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Ricardo Darin; Director: Fabian Bielinsky; Author: Fabian Bielinsky; Release Date Limited: 11/17/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 138; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: IFC First Take
Posted November 22 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Cosby Show' producer says series is 'kind of tarnished'
- Helen Mirren poses with three wax figures of herself at Madame Tussauds
- I found out 'Silk Stalkings' was on Hulu and now I can't stop watching
- Cate Blanchett and Robert Redford's 'Truth' gets October release date
- Salma Hayek on Donald Trump: 'I cannot be insulted by stupidity'
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'This Is Me': Watch the Emmy-nominated docuseries right here
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!