There are moments in Jeff Lipsky’s low-budget, high-octane battle of the sexes, when Stuart (Justin Kirk), a reflexively nasty Jewish publicity agent, and Nicole (Julianne Nicholson), the testy, freckle-faced Catholic girl he marries, dredge up a grubby intimacy that most relationship dramas avoid: financial anxieties, clashing timetables for having babies, and so forth. Yet the hero remains such an exhibitionistically cocky, walled-off jerk that Flannel Pajamas’ glib conversational ”candor” yields no mystery. And that’s a problem in two hours of talk.
Genre: Romance; Starring: Justin Kirk, Julianne Nicholson; Director: Jeff Lipsky; Author: Jeff Lipsky; Release Date Limited: 11/15/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 124; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Gigantic Pictures, Hart Sharp Productions
Posted November 22 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade