There are moments in Jeff Lipsky’s low-budget, high-octane battle of the sexes, when Stuart (Justin Kirk), a reflexively nasty Jewish publicity agent, and Nicole (Julianne Nicholson), the testy, freckle-faced Catholic girl he marries, dredge up a grubby intimacy that most relationship dramas avoid: financial anxieties, clashing timetables for having babies, and so forth. Yet the hero remains such an exhibitionistically cocky, walled-off jerk that Flannel Pajamas’ glib conversational ”candor” yields no mystery. And that’s a problem in two hours of talk.
Genre: Romance; Starring: Justin Kirk, Julianne Nicholson; Director: Jeff Lipsky; Author: Jeff Lipsky; Release Date Limited: 11/15/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 124; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Gigantic Pictures, Hart Sharp Productions
Posted November 22 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Star Trek TV series losing Bryan Fuller as showrunner
- Donald Glover comments on 'Star Wars' role for first time
- 'Pretty Little Liars' tell-all special to follow series finale
- Paralympian wins Halloween with 'Beauty and the Beast' Lumiere costume
- Taylor Swift, Abba, 'Star Wars' music get bizarre recorder remixes
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' stars react to final day of filming
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers