There are moments in Jeff Lipsky’s low-budget, high-octane battle of the sexes, when Stuart (Justin Kirk), a reflexively nasty Jewish publicity agent, and Nicole (Julianne Nicholson), the testy, freckle-faced Catholic girl he marries, dredge up a grubby intimacy that most relationship dramas avoid: financial anxieties, clashing timetables for having babies, and so forth. Yet the hero remains such an exhibitionistically cocky, walled-off jerk that Flannel Pajamas’ glib conversational ”candor” yields no mystery. And that’s a problem in two hours of talk.
Genre: Romance; Starring: Justin Kirk, Julianne Nicholson; Director: Jeff Lipsky; Author: Jeff Lipsky; Release Date Limited: 11/15/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 124; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Gigantic Pictures, Hart Sharp Productions
Posted November 22 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Taylor Swift is really, really excited for the 'Wildest Dreams' music video debut
- Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart almost joined Taylor Swift on tour
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloeé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!