There are moments in Jeff Lipsky’s low-budget, high-octane battle of the sexes, when Stuart (Justin Kirk), a reflexively nasty Jewish publicity agent, and Nicole (Julianne Nicholson), the testy, freckle-faced Catholic girl he marries, dredge up a grubby intimacy that most relationship dramas avoid: financial anxieties, clashing timetables for having babies, and so forth. Yet the hero remains such an exhibitionistically cocky, walled-off jerk that Flannel Pajamas’ glib conversational ”candor” yields no mystery. And that’s a problem in two hours of talk.
Genre: Romance; Starring: Justin Kirk, Julianne Nicholson; Director: Jeff Lipsky; Author: Jeff Lipsky; Release Date Limited: 11/15/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 124; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Gigantic Pictures, Hart Sharp Productions
Posted November 22 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Idris Elba joins Jessica Chastain in Aaron Sorkin's 'Molly's Game'
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss takes you inside the Paul Wesley-directed episode
- 'Fast & Furious 8' production heats up in Cuba
- Charlize Theron, Jason Reitman, Diablo Cody reteam on 'Tully'
- Jessica Biel, Clive Owen going 'Invisible' in relationship drama
- 'Outlander': Check out what Claire's going to wear now
- 'The Walking Dead': Hundreds audition for Universal Studios' attraction