There are moments in Jeff Lipsky’s low-budget, high-octane battle of the sexes, when Stuart (Justin Kirk), a reflexively nasty Jewish publicity agent, and Nicole (Julianne Nicholson), the testy, freckle-faced Catholic girl he marries, dredge up a grubby intimacy that most relationship dramas avoid: financial anxieties, clashing timetables for having babies, and so forth. Yet the hero remains such an exhibitionistically cocky, walled-off jerk that Flannel Pajamas’ glib conversational ”candor” yields no mystery. And that’s a problem in two hours of talk.
Genre: Romance; Starring: Justin Kirk, Julianne Nicholson; Director: Jeff Lipsky; Author: Jeff Lipsky; Release Date Limited: 11/15/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 124; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Gigantic Pictures, Hart Sharp Productions
Posted November 22 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'