A jailhouse comedy is not going to be funny if it doesn’t work past all the mossy chestnuts regarding lockup: the bad food, surly guards, shanks, skinheads, rapes, showers, license plates. It’s hard to get laughs out of stuff that devolved into parody 10 or 20 years ago, which helps explain why Let’s Go to Prison is nearly laughless. Arrested Development’s Will Arnett plays a rich prig unfairly incarcerated. You’re eager to see him sprung, not because he wins you over with charm or gumption, but because when he gets out, so do you.
(Let's Go to Prison: Chuck Hode)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Will Arnett, Dax Shepard, Dylan Baker, Michael Hitchcock, Chi McBride; Director: Bob Odenkirk; Author: Robert Ben Garant, Michael Patrick Jann, Thomas Lennon; Release Date Wide: 11/17/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted November 22 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!