An elegant amalgam of fact and fiction, Zoia’s Gold draws on the life of Madame Zoia, an artist who fled revolutionary Russia for a peripatetic journey accumulating husbands, lovers, and an aura of mystery. Philip Sington, who had access to Zoia’s private papers, could have written a compassionate, gripping biography, but he delightfully introduces his own creation, a fallen art dealer whose redemption lies in answering lingering questions about Zoia and her gilded paintings. Sington never sells out the real woman for a mere plot twist. Zoia’s Gold is part thriller, part biography, and wholly engrossing.
Zoia's GoldAn elegant amalgam of fact and fiction, Zoia's Gold draws on the life of Madame Zoia, an artist who fled revolutionary Russia for a...Zoia's GoldFictionPhilip SingtonAn elegant amalgam of fact and fiction, Zoia's Gold draws on the life of Madame Zoia, an artist who fled revolutionary Russia for a...2006-11-22Scribner
Genre: Fiction; Author: Philip Sington; Publisher: Scribner
Posted November 22 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!