An elegant amalgam of fact and fiction, Zoia’s Gold draws on the life of Madame Zoia, an artist who fled revolutionary Russia for a peripatetic journey accumulating husbands, lovers, and an aura of mystery. Philip Sington, who had access to Zoia’s private papers, could have written a compassionate, gripping biography, but he delightfully introduces his own creation, a fallen art dealer whose redemption lies in answering lingering questions about Zoia and her gilded paintings. Sington never sells out the real woman for a mere plot twist. Zoia’s Gold is part thriller, part biography, and wholly engrossing.
Zoia's GoldAn elegant amalgam of fact and fiction, Zoia's Gold draws on the life of Madame Zoia, an artist who fled revolutionary Russia for a...Zoia's GoldFictionPhilip SingtonAn elegant amalgam of fact and fiction, Zoia's Gold draws on the life of Madame Zoia, an artist who fled revolutionary Russia for a...2006-11-22Scribner
Genre: Fiction; Author: Philip Sington; Publisher: Scribner
Posted November 22 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it doesn't end well
- Cannes 2015: Jacques Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins the Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!