Anyone familiar with Joan Osborne’s riveting ‘95 breakthrough Relish (beyond its anomalous ”what if God was one of us” pop smash) shouldn’t be surprised that she’s taken her bluesy roots-rock sensibility and driven it through Nashville with Pretty Little Stranger. What is a surprise is how seamlessly her own writing stands up next to gems from Kris Kristofferson and Rodney Crowell. We know Osborne can sing like Joplin, but here she mostly goes for a creamier country-soul sound (with assists from Alison Krauss and Vince Gill), and the result is terrific and timeless.
Pretty Little Stranger Anyone familiar with Joan Osborne's riveting '95 breakthrough Relish (beyond its anomalous ''what if God was one of us'' pop smash) shouldn't...Pretty Little StrangerRock Anyone familiar with Joan Osborne's riveting '95 breakthrough Relish (beyond its anomalous ''what if God was one of us'' pop smash) shouldn't...2006-11-24
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Joan Osborne; Producer (group): Vanguard
Posted November 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- EWwy Awards 2015: See campaign posters for the best dramatic actress nominees
- EWwy Awards 2015: See the nominee reels
- Marlon Wayans dishes on guest-judging 'America’s Got Talent'
- 'Game of Thrones' actor gets grilled in clip from 'Big Significant Things'
- Galantis drop the goofiest music video of the summer
- The Weeknd drops 'I Can't Feel My Face' music video, and it's on fire (literally)
- Netflix still planning another season of 'Arrested Development'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!