Not that life in the burbs is any more wholesome. The Long Island housewives of Ellen Meister’s Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA scheme to get George Clooney — whom they all long to ”shtup” — to shoot his new film at their elementary school. In between vicious PTA squabbles, the matrons cope with manicure and laundry crises, extramarital affairs, and swimsuit fittings. Ex-Friend Lisa Kudrow pulls off a comic tour de force with this featherweight material, giving distinctive voice to at least six different yentas, several drab husbands, and one vulgar Hollywood producer. Raunchy, absurd, and entertaining in the extreme, this would make a dandy travel companion on an all-female road trip.
Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA (Book - Audio) Not that life in the burbs is any more wholesome. The Long Island housewives of Ellen Meister's Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTASecret Confessions of the Applewood PTA (Book - Audio) Not that life in the burbs is any more wholesome. The Long Island housewives of Ellen Meister's Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA2006-11-24
Lead Performer: Lisa Kudrow
Posted November 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- Fox cancels Ryan Seacrest's 'Knock Knock Live' after 2 episodes
- Despite polarizing season 2, HBO still interested in more 'True Detective'
- Box office preview: 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation,' 'Vacation'
- HBO says Game of Thrones will be at least eight seasons
- 'Feast' director Patrick Osborne to direct 'Battling Boy' adaptation
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!