Not that life in the burbs is any more wholesome. The Long Island housewives of Ellen Meister’s Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA scheme to get George Clooney — whom they all long to ”shtup” — to shoot his new film at their elementary school. In between vicious PTA squabbles, the matrons cope with manicure and laundry crises, extramarital affairs, and swimsuit fittings. Ex-Friend Lisa Kudrow pulls off a comic tour de force with this featherweight material, giving distinctive voice to at least six different yentas, several drab husbands, and one vulgar Hollywood producer. Raunchy, absurd, and entertaining in the extreme, this would make a dandy travel companion on an all-female road trip.
Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA (Book - Audio) Not that life in the burbs is any more wholesome. The Long Island housewives of Ellen Meister's Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTASecret Confessions of the Applewood PTA (Book - Audio) Not that life in the burbs is any more wholesome. The Long Island housewives of Ellen Meister's Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA2006-11-24
Lead Performer: Lisa Kudrow
Posted November 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday