No, Billy Idol, NO! You are not supposed to be dreaming of a “White Christmas.” A “White Wedding”? Absolutely. L’Oreal No. 473: White-Blonde? OK, sure. But a White Christmas? Seriously? Maybe in the privacy of your own home, with the blinds drawn tight, but certainly not as the lead single and video (now streaming at YouTube) to your new Happy Holidays disc. I know this might not sound very festive of me, but I do not care to see you shake a neatly wrapped package like a tambourine. I do not care to see you mime the signing of Christmas cards. I do not care to witness you following Rod Stewart into the Great American Songbook. Are we clear on this? Good. Now, go, dance with yourself, yell like a rebel, rock the cradle of love if you must. Just leave the crooning to Tony Bennett. That’s all.
Posted November 27 2006 — 11:00 AM EST
- Munich Film Festival to honor Alexander Payne with retrospective
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!