No, Billy Idol, NO! You are not supposed to be dreaming of a “White Christmas.” A “White Wedding”? Absolutely. L’Oreal No. 473: White-Blonde? OK, sure. But a White Christmas? Seriously? Maybe in the privacy of your own home, with the blinds drawn tight, but certainly not as the lead single and video (now streaming at YouTube) to your new Happy Holidays disc. I know this might not sound very festive of me, but I do not care to see you shake a neatly wrapped package like a tambourine. I do not care to see you mime the signing of Christmas cards. I do not care to witness you following Rod Stewart into the Great American Songbook. Are we clear on this? Good. Now, go, dance with yourself, yell like a rebel, rock the cradle of love if you must. Just leave the crooning to Tony Bennett. That’s all.
Posted November 27 2006 — 11:00 AM EST
- The Goo Goo Dolls talk not wanting to "make the same record again'
- Anne Hathaway turning drone-war play 'Grounded' into movie
- James Franco, Russell Crowe 'Blood Meridian' adaptation scrapped
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses drop season 5 finale teasers
- Taylor Swift tops list of highest-paid musicians in 2015
- Colton Haynes gets honest about life after 'Arrow'
- #FeudSeason2: 9 showdowns Ryan Murphy should tackle next