A word of warning: You could probably get yourself fired checking out The Torontoist Cover Song Catalogue – and it would almost be worth it. I wasted a good chunk of the morning just grooving to the first five tracks alone, the ones Torontoist lumps under the heading “Better Than the Original.” And while I respectfully dispute that anyone can trump Paula Abdul’s version of “Straight Up,” I’ve got to say Dave Werner’s acoustic version certainly has its own merits (especially when he drops a little “Opposites Attract” at the end). Also not to be missed: Everything But the Girl’s “Downtown Train,” Max Raabe’s “Oops…I Did It Again,” and Esthero’s “Windmills of Your Mind.” But don’t take my word for it, check out these covers for yourself and share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Posted November 28 2006 — 7:15 PM EST
- See the schedule for Comic-Con's TV panels
- The best and worst of the music streaming wars
- America Ferrera thanks Donald Trump for mobilizing Latino voters
- Bill Cosby: No charges in Atlantic City case
- 'Lost' showrunner Carlton Cuse talks 'Colony'
- Liam Hemsworth photobombed Jeff Goldblum on the 'Independence Day Resurgence' set
- First Look: Here's how 'Blindspot' covers Jaimie Alexander's entire body with tattoos—in six hours