A word of warning: You could probably get yourself fired checking out The Torontoist Cover Song Catalogue – and it would almost be worth it. I wasted a good chunk of the morning just grooving to the first five tracks alone, the ones Torontoist lumps under the heading “Better Than the Original.” And while I respectfully dispute that anyone can trump Paula Abdul’s version of “Straight Up,” I’ve got to say Dave Werner’s acoustic version certainly has its own merits (especially when he drops a little “Opposites Attract” at the end). Also not to be missed: Everything But the Girl’s “Downtown Train,” Max Raabe’s “Oops…I Did It Again,” and Esthero’s “Windmills of Your Mind.” But don’t take my word for it, check out these covers for yourself and share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Posted November 28 2006 — 7:15 PM EST
- WATCH: Teen boys keep big secret in 'Eyewitness' — exclusive trailer
- Blood Orange honors Philando Castile with striking 'Conan' tribute
- Artist spray paints epic 151 character Pokémon mural
- Mike Pence got a publicity haircut and the barber didn't recognize him
- 'Gilmore Girls' Fan Fest happening in town that inspired Stars Hollow
- Video Music Awards 2016: How well do you know the nominees?
- WATCH: Winter Soldier has shield envy in 'Civil War' deleted scene
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...