A word of warning: You could probably get yourself fired checking out The Torontoist Cover Song Catalogue – and it would almost be worth it. I wasted a good chunk of the morning just grooving to the first five tracks alone, the ones Torontoist lumps under the heading “Better Than the Original.” And while I respectfully dispute that anyone can trump Paula Abdul’s version of “Straight Up,” I’ve got to say Dave Werner’s acoustic version certainly has its own merits (especially when he drops a little “Opposites Attract” at the end). Also not to be missed: Everything But the Girl’s “Downtown Train,” Max Raabe’s “Oops…I Did It Again,” and Esthero’s “Windmills of Your Mind.” But don’t take my word for it, check out these covers for yourself and share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Posted November 28 2006 — 7:15 PM EST
- Scott Van Pelt on new midnight 'SportsCenter'
- See an exclusive clip from bonkers Italian horror movie spoof 'The Editor'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star James Pickens Jr. joins Twitter
- Telluride Film Festival lineup announced
- Shonda Rhimes & Viola Davis look back on that 'angry black woman' piece
- Sienna Miller's role was cut from 'Black Mass'
- Phantogram's Sarah Barthel explains her rad guest spot on Miley Cyrus' surprise album
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!