I never saw the original structure — i.e., David Greig’s play about the architect of a failed Glasgow housing project. But first-time writer-director Matt Tauber’s adaptation, with Anthony LaPaglia as the designer of rotten Chicago housing and Viola Davis as a resident who wants the joint razed, sure feels like Tauber has done some fussy renovating. Every character in The Architect is crazily stuccoed with crisis, including Isabella Rossellini as LaPaglia’s unhappy wife, Heroes’ Hayden Panettiere as miserable daughter, and Sebastian Stan as sexually confused son.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Anthony LaPaglia, Isabella Rossellini, Viola Davis; Director: Matt Tauber; Author: David Greig, Matt Tauber; Release Date Limited: 12/01/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted November 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'