I never saw the original structure — i.e., David Greig’s play about the architect of a failed Glasgow housing project. But first-time writer-director Matt Tauber’s adaptation, with Anthony LaPaglia as the designer of rotten Chicago housing and Viola Davis as a resident who wants the joint razed, sure feels like Tauber has done some fussy renovating. Every character in The Architect is crazily stuccoed with crisis, including Isabella Rossellini as LaPaglia’s unhappy wife, Heroes’ Hayden Panettiere as miserable daughter, and Sebastian Stan as sexually confused son.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Anthony LaPaglia, Isabella Rossellini, Viola Davis; Director: Matt Tauber; Author: David Greig, Matt Tauber; Release Date Limited: 12/01/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted November 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!