What the activist drama Fast Food Nation does with talk and the aid of movie stars, Our Daily Bread, a riveting documentary by Austrian filmmaker Nikolaus Geyrhalter, does even better, with no voice-over and barely a word spoken by the unidentified workers involved in matter-of-fact killing and harvesting. The camera simply looks, with unflinching interest, as plants and animals are processed (in European industrial settings) into the food we eat. It’s up to the viewer to distinguish tastes of horror, compassion, and awe at the efficiency involved in such matters of death and life.
Our Daily BreadWhat the activist drama Fast Food Nation does with talk and the aid of movie stars, Our Daily Bread, a riveting documentary by...Our Daily BreadDocumentaryPT92MUnratedWhat the activist drama Fast Food Nation does with talk and the aid of movie stars, Our Daily Bread, a riveting documentary by...2006-11-29First Look
Genre: Documentary; Director: Nikolaus Geyrhalter; Release Date Limited: 10/16/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: First Look
Posted November 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nicole Scherzinger lose her mind over some 'freak of nature' magic
- 'You're the Worst' snags Echo Kellum in season 2
- President Obama documents his 'Running Wild' trip with Bear Grylls in selfies
- 'Are You The One?' season 3 trailer: See the new twist in action
- Theo Rossi joins 'Luke Cage' cast, Rosario Dawson will return as Claire Temple
- Garbage to reissue 20th anniversary edition of their debut album
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Bill Hader, and Jason Sudeikis to guest on 'Billy on the Street'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!