No, you did not misread the above headline. I just got an email directing me to composer Flip Baber’s rendition of “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy,” played with the unlikeliest of instruments: his bike! Apparently, Baber was hired by Specialized Bicycles to take on this peculiar challenge, and the results are indisputably impressive. So click here, and behold the musical power of plucked derailleur cables, fingers caressing turning spokes, and air being released from tires.
Posted November 30 2006 — 3:06 PM EST
- Heroes: Reborn unveils new H.R.G. art
- How Rachel Platten fought her way to the top with 'Fight Song'
- Hear the Grateful Dead shred on a 1981 version of 'Shakedown Street'
- Paul Feig shares first look at new 'Ghostbusters' proton pack
- A 'Back to the Future' remake? Over Robert Zemeckis's dead body.
- Jon Stewart takes on criticism against Supreme Court marriage equality decision
- Vanessa Bayer nails an impression of this 'Friends' character