Brian McKnight’s slick sound is favored by the urban adult-contemporary set, and it’s unlikely he’ll win any new (read: young) fans with his 10th album. Mostly produced by the singer-songwriter himself, Ten is a merrily generic batch of R&B grooves and slow jams. From the hip-hop-flavored ”Unhappy Without You” to the percussion-laden ”Can’t Leave You Alone,” love and relationships remain the central theme of his lyrics. The only surprise is Rascal Flatts’ random cameo on a limp ballad called ”Red, White, and Blue.”
10 Brian McKnight's slick sound is favored by the urban adult-contemporary set, and it's unlikely he'll win any new (read: young) fans with his 10th ...10Hip-Hop/Rap, R&B Brian McKnight's slick sound is favored by the urban adult-contemporary set, and it's unlikely he'll win any new (read: young) fans with his 10th ...2006-12-01
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap, R&B; Lead Performers: LL Cool J, Brian McKnight; Producer (group): Def Jam, Warner Bros.
Posted December 1 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'This Is Us' casts 'Longmire' star Adam Bartley in recurring role
- 'Star Wars,' Beyoncé among most popular fandoms ever
- Emma Caulfield's TV Diary: Warming up to 'This Is Us'
- Are these the best opening title sequences of all time?
- Please watch Kevin Hart’s reaction to this cat
- 'The Leftovers' creators announce third and final season premiere month
- Erika Girardi defends 'RHOBH': 'It's not just a bunch of bitches'
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans